what's your computer's performance?

ripken204

• 7 months later...

Not really sure this is relevant anymore, but...

post-179301-1221958052_thumb.png

It's also common knowledge that WEI is pretty much useless. Any computer with 4 logical processors - be it a P4 dual core w/hyperthreading, or a Core i7 (when it gets here) will get 5.9 in cpu score, regardless of real performance. (This was confirmed a while back with the aforementioned P4 downclocked to 1.2ghz). 5.8 is the highest available for dual core processors. Not sure about Phenom X3 processors... if anyone has one it'd be interesting to know.

It's also common knowledge that WEI is pretty much useless. Any computer with 4 logical processors - be it a P4 dual core w/hyperthreading, or a Core i7 (when it gets here) will get 5.9 in cpu score, regardless of real performance. (This was confirmed a while back with the aforementioned P4 downclocked to 1.2ghz). 5.8 is the highest available for dual core processors. Not sure about Phenom X3 processors... if anyone has one it'd be interesting to know.

It gets a 5.8 at least. I have a X3 8450, the slowest, so you can't get any lower. Seems unfair because there are plenty dual cores around that are faster. Useless indeed.

Abit in9 32-MAX wifi SLI

4GB OCZ PC6400 Reaper EB Heatpipe Edition with EPP

Intel Q6600 CPU

EVGA 680MB DDR3 8800GTS PCI-E SLI Video card

500GB SATAII Seagate

LG SATA DVD Drive

Mitsumi Floppy with 5 in 1 Card Reader

NZXT Zero case

Ultra X finity 2G 600 watt PSU SLI Ready

Thermaltake 250GB Max 4 eSATA & USB Combo External Drive

Running Vista x64 Ultimate and I find it's great for gaming.

post-202357-1222199416_thumb.jpg

Well, mostly because 5.9, even as close to 6 as it is, is not 6. If you were to look at steps from 0 to 6, the first step is from 0 to 0.9, the 2nd 1 to 1.9, and so on up to 5 to 5.9. The steps are not 0 to 1, 1.1 to 2, which just wouldn't make sense.