Anyone successfully backedup and restored Vista?

drscouse

Have read many articles about Ghost and True Image, but both seem to have inherent probelms with dealing with the Vista partiton... the one time I tried TI (installed on Vista), i believe it corrupted the partition, and during boot, scandisk would run and delete loads of files...

Anyone know of a solution to successfully backup/resotre an installation??

Thanks

Talking about Windows Backup...how idiotic is it to force user to backup the System drive everytime? Why I can't just select the WINDOWS drive in this screenshot?

vistawindowsbackupub7.png

According to my screenshot, I am gonna end up with a ~78.1 GiB image file instead of a possible ~4 GiB image file. I can't believe this. :)

I backed up and restored Build 5536 with Ghost 8.0 using DOS floppy disk as boot up disk for both Backup and Restore but there was 1 "glitch on the Restore. After I restored and did a reboot I got an error saying some boot sector or something was corrupt(I can't remember exact message). I was given a message to place my Vista DVD into my drive and I did. Vista did something and fixed the problem and I booted right up and it ran fine.

Have read many articles about Ghost and True Image, but both seem to have inherent probelms with dealing with the Vista partiton... the one time I tried TI (installed on Vista), i believe it corrupted the partition, and during boot, scandisk would run and delete loads of files...

Anyone know of a solution to successfully backup/resotre an installation??

Thanks

stickzilla Posted Sep 5 2006, 08:33 PM

True Image has no official Vista support, so you are best off using the Rescue Media Bootable disc

I successfully backup using True Image Home. To backup, I do it from the boot disc. and restore is fine from the boot disc too.

Edited by warrior1109