[nForce?] Unknown Device

Guillaume

Searched for this for over a day now, can't find a solution...

System specs (of relevance):

AMD Sempron 2800

ASRock ALiveNF4G-DVI

Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 SATA300

I integrated the following drivers:

AMD Sempron C'nC (1.3.2.16)\amdk8.inf,0

nForce (8.26)\Ethernet\nvenetfd.inf,0

nForce (8.26)\IDE\WinXP\sata_ide\nvata.inf,0

nForce (8.26)\SMBus\nvsmbus.inf,0

nVidia (91.31)\nv4_disp.inf,0

Realtek NIC (649)\Netrtlx.inf,0

Realtek Sound (R1.45)\WDM\HDA.inf,0

KB888111 integrated (Meulc Dutch Update Pack + Audio Addon, this works 100% OK, tried it multiple times on other systems)

When installed, Windows first prompts that the SATA-drive is installed. Afterwards, there's one Unknown Device in the Device Manager. I pointed to all driver folders, though none are recognized as being the right driver for the device.

With Unknown Devices, all I get is the following as not being installed properly:

PCI standard ISA bridge

Chip: Nvidia Corp MCP51 LPC Bridge

Full Details

PNP ID

VEN_10DE&DEV_0261&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A2

Windows Detected Vender

(Standaard-systeemapparaten)

Windows Detected Device

PCI standard ISA bridge

Detected Chip Vender

Nvidia Corp

Detected Chip

MCP51 LPC Bridge

Search Results (Internal Stuff)

RPL_GOT_VENDER

RPL_GOT_DEVICE

RPL_GOT_NO_SUBID

However, I also get this in Unknown Devices when doing an installation without nLite, but the unknown device is not in the device manager.

1) Is there some driver or hardware support I shouldn't remove? (ini-file attached, and Unknown Devices devices list)

2) After some restarts, the system locks up when starting Windows (occasionally HDD activity, just the Logon screen 'Windows is starting...').

Last_Session.ini

DeviceList.txt

DeviceList_withoutProblems.txt

Edited by Guillaume

This has happened to me for my pass 2 installations, strangely enough the unknown device in device manager went away after a few days. Have you tried installing the nForce driver package as whole to see if the unknown device gets installed properly?

Edited by Cybertronic

Guillaume, I just came across this thread while surfing around which helps to fix the unknown device issue but the problem is that you don't have an Asus motherboard. I never realised that it was the AI Booster software that fixed this issue for me as I have an Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard :wacko:

I've already came across the issue you've mentioned once on an Asus A8N-VM CSM, but apart from the fact that this is not an Asus A8N motherboard we're dealing with, it also doesn't explain the fact that a regular Windows installation with the nForce drivers etc. installed afterwards doesn't show the 'unknown device' (DeviceList_withoutProblems.txt).