Microsoft jumps on the Unattend CD bandwagon

I'm not sure if im posting this in the right section, but it applies to unattended XP Cds, so i figure i'd post it here, and you can move it if im wrong :)

Sure this program may be a little easier to use, and include more features, but atleast we can say we're all the pioneers for XP Automatic Installation.

Microsoft Solution Accelerator for Business Desktop Deployment Is Now Available for Customers and Partners

REDMOND, Wash. -- Aug. 20, 2003 -- Microsoft Corp. today announced the availability of the Microsoft® Solution Accelerator for Business Desktop Deployment (BDD). The accelerator is a new offering that can reduce tasks for deployment of Windows® XP Professional, Office XP Professional and Office Professional Edition 2003 by up to 75 percent per desktop, helping enable enterprises to realize the value of their software investments more quickly. The new Microsoft Services (MCS) zero touch service builds on BDD to completely automate the installation process and adds a provisioning engine to enable outsourcing partners to build new managed desktop solutions.

The Solution Accelerator for BDD offers prescriptive directions for using existing deployment tools. The accelerator helps enterprises plan and manage their entire upgrade process, with best practices, scripts and operational guidance for tasks such as organizing a deployment team, setting up a pilot program and managing application migration. The Solution Accelerator for BDD also enables outsourcing partners to implement deployment solutions and value-added services using repeatable best practices customizable to the customer's needs.

"When it comes to rolling out new software, enterprises are primarily focused on reducing deployment cost and minimizing the time needed to get the new software in the hands of information workers," said Chris Jones, vice president of the Windows Client Group at Microsoft. "The Solution Accelerator for Business Desktop Deployment helps both customers and partners reach these goals by offering step-by-step guidance throughout the whole process, as well as comprehensive resources for customization to meet specific needs."

Download

Thanks for the info. I have to say that as soon as I see the corporate software developers favorite word 'solution' I just know I'm going to read something and at the end of it, not have a clue as to what it actually does! "resolution of application compatibility and user state migration issues" that sort of thing. I must be getting old. Perhaps I need a 'solution' that resolves reader understanding shortfalls by use of supplimental translation guidance (STG).

we can say we're all the pioneers for XP Automatic Installation.

rofl..

you know, that there is unattended install in win 2K?

you know, that there is unattended install in win NT?

unattended instalation is old..

playing around with it, is old..

it is a "standard option" since many many years..

take a look into newsgroups, or just try google..

maybe, you think u´re a pioneer.. but.. inventing the wheel, is nothing new today...

this is not against you, but against your silly sentence...

Sure it may be old, but not to the degree of customization that we are going through here at MSFN. This is how we are all pioneers. We're discovering new things every day, tweaking what no man has tweaked before.

no, you are totaly wrong..

for example: http://www.willowhayes.co.uk/windows2000/

this is a 2 year old project.. and ther eis same customization level like here...

maybe the RunOnceEx thingy is a "higher level" than here..

trust me.. this is just one of hundred sites on the web, which discribe customization of unattended setup..

sure,.. the guides of http://www.MSFN.org/unattended are very detailed, written for the masses... but that don´t mean, that it is new...

give google a try, take a look t newsgroups.. u will be suprised...