You can install any version of Vista!

wbpluto

You can install any version of Vista!

I have found a "sources\inf\setup.cfg" file in Windows Vista ISO.you can open it with notepad:

[MPCTable]

X86.Starter=78436

X86.StarterN=78437

X86.HomeBasic=78413

X86.HomeBasicN=78422

X86.HomePremium=78416

X86.Business=78426

X86.BusinessN=78425

X86.Enterprise=78428

X86.Ultimate=78427

X86.ServerStandard=78438

X86.ServerEnterprise=78440

X86.ServerDatacenter=78443

X64.HomeBasic=78431

X64.HomeBasicN=78432

X64.HomePremium=78433

X64.Business=78434

X64.BusinessN=78435

X64.Enterprise=78429

X64.Ultimate=78430

X64.ServerStandard=78439

X64.ServerEnterprise=78441

X64.ServerDatacenter=78442

IA64.ServerEnterpriseIA64=78444

in [MPCTable] section,you can see all versions of longhorn serial witch Microsoft will release. The numbers is Product ID's head.

*edited*

removed CD-key

Now,we type this key into the Windows Vista product key textbox in setup. Yahoo! you can use it to install Windows Vista!!

it's inconceivability that the next dialog list all Windows Vista versions you can install with this ISO.(pic)

1.JPG

We select one,next....

I heve installed Windows Vista Starter with is key in setup.cfg today:

2.JPG

I have try to Active this OS.....but... Maybe this is a Public Key, Not a Private Key,which could used to install but not active....

3.JPG

Now,,,you can install any versions you like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

============================================

I have copied Wallpapers in Windows Vista Starter 5552..They arevery Beautiful and not same as which in Ultimate!!!!:

http://sc.mythsea.com/wbpluto/vistahh/VI55...tarter-Wall.rar

Edited by fizban2

you do things the hard way, you could just leave the dialog box that asks for a key blank, and it'll pop up that screen asking you to select which version you'd like to install. If you want to activate it though you'll need a valid key.

you do things the hard way, you could just leave the dialog box that asks for a key blank, and it'll pop up that screen asking you to select which version you'd like to install. If you want to activate it though you'll need a valid key.

you are right...sorry......

• 1 month later...

i'm interested in using one of the home versions, I'm curious to see the difference between the ultimate, after looking at the pricing i'm not interested in the vista ultimate, it doesn't seem to have anything thats worth double the suggested price (At least for me)

so if i try instaling it, don't enter a product key, it just asks me which version? how long will it last before requiring a key? or will the beta key i'm using now work as a home version?

i'm interested in using one of the home versions, I'm curious to see the difference between the ultimate, after looking at the pricing i'm not interested in the vista ultimate, it doesn't seem to have anything thats worth double the suggested price (At least for me)

so if i try instaling it, don't enter a product key, it just asks me which version? how long will it last before requiring a key? or will the beta key i'm using now work as a home version?

your beta key will only work for Ultimate edition, if you do not enter a CD key i think you only get 7 days to enter one before vista will no longer work

well not surea about anyone else, but my vista home premium says it need to be activated within 30 days and seems to work fine, however, i expected lower memory useage for some reason, assuming there was less intalled but processes are exactly the same

after May 2007, if you try to install the Vista beta it will tell you that you can't because its expired.

Thats kinda interesting...

So what happens after the 3 days ? Or after may 2007?

You won't be able to use your pc unless you reinstall Vista or install another OS.

No, its not a combination, its simply the version with everything in it, all the bells and whistles, that doesn't appear in the other versions.

Not to be the bad guy, but isn't Ultimate the combination of all the other versions, or do I have that wrong?

The memory managemnt for all the versions is the same. All the versions include the same processes also.

well not surea about anyone else, but my vista home premium says it need to be activated within 30 days and seems to work fine, however, i expected lower memory useage for some reason, assuming there was less intalled but processes are exactly the same