Upgraded 2.4ghz to 3ghz but computer lags

tubui

Do a tour of the aopen site for other mobo related downloads or click below if the link is still valid if you're a lazy moe

http://download.aopen.com.tw/userdownload_...del=AX4SG%20Max

It's usually considered best to update from the DOS prompt ie win98 startup floppy disk and running the program from a floppy but I've always just used the windows version fine with no problems on gigabyte boards.

If running from DOS I'm guessing you'd type:

asgm109f asgm109f.bin

where you'll be shown some sort of bios like screen and given the option to backup current bios, overwrite it with this new one etc.

if run from windows same options:

you'd just click wasgm109f and click the start flash button and hope you don't have a power failure/crash while it's flashing.

Should I extract the files somewhere or is the desktop fine?

When I clicked on WASGM109F, it said:

EzWinFlash detected CPU Hyper-Threading is enable, EzWinFlash cannot run under CPU Hyper-Threading mode, please disable Hyper-Threading by BIOS and run EzWinFlash again!

How do I do that?

Restart your pc, enter the BIOS then under CPU configuration set Hyperthreading to "Disable". Save the settings and reboot. Hyperthreading is now off. I'm not sure, but I think Windows will disagree with the new configuration and give you a BSOD (blue screen of death). Try it anyhow. Good luck!

As for extraction, desktop will do just fine.

Edited by nitroshift

Yes I used new cooling paste.

And I don't know if dust could be a problem cause I used air pressure to blow out the dust in my computer. Could that damage my Motherboard?

no, it can't damage your motherboard.

if it could, the motherboard would have to have loose diodes or whatever already, and you'd know about that.

And I don't know if dust could be a problem cause I used air pressure to blow out the dust in my computer. Could that damage my Motherboard?

if it could, the motherboard would have to have loose diodes or whatever already, and you'd know about that.

Actually, if it was air from a compressor if can, because there may be moisture in the air....

compressed air, yes.

air compressor, no.

an air compressor just blows air at a much higher rate. if you take a can of compressed air, and you turn it over and spray it, it will spray frost.

i know because when i blow out my computer, i use the same compressor that my dad uses to but air in the tires of family cars. the air is actually room temperature, or close, about 68-70 degrees F. and also, i've seen pictures of the overclocked computer cooled with liquid nitrogen. if that doesn't harm the motherboard, what will it terms of cold and hot?

Actually, if it was air from a compressor if can, because there may be moisture in the air....

There's always moisture in the air. If there's enough humidity for water droplets to start forming on surfaces, your environment is unsuitable for any sort of electronic equipment. Besides, small amounts of water will evaporate quickly.