Please set the "restore removed components" guide sticky&#33

Francesco

Please could some forum administrator set the "restore removed components" guide sticky? Trying to find it in the forum without knowing the exact name is pratically impossible! Couldn't that guide at least be linked in the nLite FAQ? Thanks in advance.

P.S. does somebody remembers its url?

Edited by Francesco

making this guide a sticky is not recommended as it is not always possible to restore a removed component and often requires the installation cd to be remade. You should always be very careful with what you are removing!

And why don't you bookmark the thread when you find it?

making this guide a sticky is not recommended as it is not always possible to restore a removed component and often requires the installation cd to be remade. You should always be very careful with what you are removing!

Where's the problem just put a big warning to warn the user that they should use that as last resource. Or at least if you don't want to put it sticky at least put visible references in the other sticky threads or in the nLite FAQ.

And why don't you bookmark the thread when you find it?

I've saw it only one but I thought it was linked in the sticky threads however I was wrong and i've never been able to find it again. I've searched: "restore nlite components", "restore remove components", "reinstall removed components", "reinstall components", "add removed components" and a lot more other different combinations and none of those searchs showed me the page. At the end after even trying to search it through service names (!) I still wasn't able to find it.

-> exp(i*2*pi*) = cos(2*pi) + i*sin(2*pi)

no, that not the correct thing....

-> http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=77011

(I searched for "dial a fix", but this returned no result so I tried "daf" which is "dial a fix" abbreviated.)

No I don't think that's the guide I was talking about. It had specifics instructions on how to restore each service/component.

what about recreating the cd with what u exactlly want?

I did already fix my problem however with the guide I wouldn't have had to rebuild my entire cd/format/reinstall_everything this is why I asked if it could be made sticky or linked in other posts/nlite faq.

Edited by Francesco

-> exp(i*2*pi*) = cos(2*pi) + i*sin(2*pi)

no, that not the correct thing....

-> http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=77011

(I searched for "dial a fix", but this returned no result so I tried "daf" which is "dial a fix" abbreviated.)

No I don't think that's the guide I was talking about. It had specifics instructions on how to restore each service/component.

http://www.uawiki.org/doku.php?id=wxp:reduce:restore

That's the only guide I know of.

But it's a shame dial-a-fix is not in it!

Kill the guy who wrote that!