Hiding IP

R600

• 2 years later...
Might try a freeware app called Proxomitron. Get it from here.

:thumbup The program sounds very good. Do you have to download everything on that page for the program to work or will it work through just one file download? :wacko:

I've tried using a proxy, but couldn't load any webpages after I entered the IP address of the server.
You'll need to find a working proxy... approximately 1% of the proxies from proxylists actually work.

Proxomitron only works with HTTP proxies, but its main use is as a "filter" to rewrite webpages in realtime (kill ads, popups, drive-by-downloads, etc.) - in fact I'm using it right now.

I recommend Proxifier and a SOCKS proxy, in conjunction with Proxomitron.

Here's a few thousand SOCKS proxies to try: http://nntime.com/socks

Edited by LLXX

I've tried using a proxy, but couldn't load any webpages after I entered the IP address of the server.

You'll need to find a working proxy... approximately 1% of the proxies from proxylists actually work.

Proxomitron only works with HTTP proxies, but its main use is as a "filter" to rewrite webpages in realtime (kill ads, popups, drive-by-downloads, etc.) - in fact I'm using it right now.

I recommend Proxifier and a SOCKS proxy, in conjunction with Proxomitron.

Here's a few thousand SOCKS proxies to try: http://nntime.com/socks

:wacko: How exactly do you use this program? I've been trying for a few hours now without any success in hiding or changing my IP.

I second LLXX's recommendations. Proxomitron will *not* mask your IP as the first poster requested, but it works great at web filtering. You can also use these filters with it.

The only real problem with Proxomitron is that the author met an untimely death so it is no longer under development. Proximodo is a potential open-source replacement but I haven't had much luck with it yet and development seems to have stalled.

I also read about a small command you enter into DOS mode and type "ipconfig/release" press enter and then type in "ipconfig/renew" and again press enter. That was supposed to change the IP address, but it does not seem to work on my computer. Does anyone know any small commands/codes that can be used for this. Also, does changing the dns help with changing IP?

The commands are actually "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew" (note the space) and you can get more info on them with "ipconfig /help". But no, that won't necessarily change your IP due to the way that DHCP leases work.

No, changing your DNS won't help with changing your IP.

This thread is going all over the place. What is goal? To change your IP at will? To get a certain IP?

The real way to hide yourself is to block cookies, turn off java and javascript, use high anonymity proxies from brazil, germany, or china, and spoof your MAC address.

Edited by CptMurphy

The real way to hide yourself is to block cookies, turn off java and javascript, use high anonymity proxies from brazil, germany, or china, and spoof your MAC address.

Or use a program like HideIP... Google will tell you where to download it from. Shareware!