Installing Office automatically

Hi guys,

I have a quick question about installing Office automatically. I've created my MST file, and I've got the command:

@echo off

setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Office.MST /qb-

to install Office. If I put this in a cmd or bat file and run it, Office will install perfectly.

However, I now want to compress my Office install. I've zipped it up. Now, I know that isn't the best compresion compared to 7z for example, but I wanted to save myself from adding extra files to my install, and zip makes my file perfectly small enough.

Anyway, my question is, how do I set my install to extract the files and install Office? I also don't want the setup files left on my system. Is this possible? I'm sure this is explained somewhere, but I'm d@mn3d if I can find it anywhere.

Thanks a lot guys.

The way that I've been doing this is to compress the files using WinRAR into an SFX file. An SFX (SelF-eXtracting) archive is an archive, merged with an executable module, which is used to extract files from the archive when executed. If you look at the WinRAR documentation, you'll see that you can specify commands to run before and after the extraction of your files.

Also, if you use an SFX file, you can specify that the files be extracted to a temporary location and then deleted after your post extraction commands are executed.

If you're not familiar with WinRAR, download a trial version at WinRAR