Anyway to intergrate CD-Key and so on into nLite ISO?

Soggy

I have recently been trying to reformat my new Toshiba Notebook, but to my amazment their Recovery DVD crashes before jumping into 'Recovery Mode' (Had 2 replacement DVD's now) - so it was suggested I try to format my partitions with an original XP disk.

Finding my old XP Pro disk, and blow off the dust, I went on my merry way loading up as I would normally to refomat - but to my astonishment I was meet with the error that may Harddrives could not be found. After 2 hrs of google'in I found that it was an issue with my new Laptops 2 HD's. Learn't that I needed to press F6 while the XP Setup was starting - I'll be damned no dam Floppy!

Bringing me to nLite - My Laptop came bundled with MCE 2005 and the rest of the Toshiba gear. I have 'attained' a copy of the normal MCE 2005 disks, but was wondering - here is the reason for this post - if there is an option within nLite to enter my CD-Key and have it auto setup?

Maybe not explaining myself the best, if you've ever purchased a Compaq, HP, Dell etc PC you'd know you get the companies OWN Recovery CD, where when you get into trouble you can simply do a reformat. But unlike a normal OS CD/DVD it skips the section where you type your CD-Key etc because it is an OEM (I believe this is the word :unsure:). If I'm not mistaken you are only entitled to enter a CD-Key once, thus why they made this 'pre-loaded Recovery CD's' when you purchase a machine. I have the CD-Key on the bottom of my Notebook so it's all above board, not asking for a way to 'skip' it, just to 'mimic' how they do it.

Long post I know, just wanted to make the best of Toshiba's 'problems'

Thanks,

Soggy

hi soggy! i'm not sure if i understood this correctly but in the unattended section of nLite you should be able to put in the cd key for your OS so you could actually skip this part (even EULA :) ... there are more) so try to work yourself through it ... have fun using nLite!

@Soggy, there is one important thing, MCE is still not supported in nlite but on this forum there is a guide how to install it successfully.

Basically you copy second cd over the first one and browse with nlite to that folder.

But while testing I saw that when something is removed then MCE cdkey really isn't working. I'm trying to figure out why, until then remove as little as possible if you remove at all, if you don't then use the Unattended page freely.

As I said search for a topic. Or as Alanoll says make your own file if that is all that you want to do, it's simple enough.

@Alanoll, hehe, no ofence to a Microsoft but I would like to know how the kernel works.

It's not about who's smarter, it's about how much time you have for something that shouldn't take time.

@Alanoll, hehe, no ofence to a Microsoft but I would like to know how the kernel works.

It's not about who's smarter, it's about how much time you have for something that shouldn't take time.

Alright, do you want a general understanding or an indepth line by line description?