Password protecting the internet

LordFett

I have a windows machine that i am working on getting a stripped version of windows onto. I don't want to run spybot or anything like that. Is there a way to make a computer on a LAN require a password to access the internet?

Yes there are many ways.Some firewalls have settings in it.McAfee has a thing called Privacy Service that requires you to use a password.Try getting a firewall and going through those settings there will most likely be something there.

Yes there are many ways.Some firewalls have settings in it.McAfee has a thing called Privacy Service that requires you to use a password.Try getting a firewall and going through those settings there will most likely be something there.

I'm trying to run a really stripped down Windows and McAfee would just kill that. I have a hard ware firewall with my router. Maybe I'll just not install any browser then I don't have to worry.

I think he's trying to avoid using external programs, as he's creating a stripped down windows xp. I don't think there's anyway to do this internally with XP, but removing internet explorer will mean you don't have a browser, perhaps that could work.

• 1 month later...