IE7 won't open yahoo mail and gmail.com

mutahir

Hi All,

I have asked this question before and I am asking again :)

Actually, only with the administrator account I can open www.gmail.com or mail.yahoo.com successfully in IE7 or firefox, but when I am logged in as a limited user it won't open these two websites or websites which we have to login to, sometimes it opens others but specifically will not open gmail.com and once you enter your username and password in yahoo mail it won't open, neither it will logon to yahoo messenger..

any help or suggestion ?

Regards

Mutahir

Well, simply because you've said that it DOES work with admin, it's either a security policy specifically blocking these sites, or a misconfiguration. What browser are you using? What firewall do you have? What router, if any, do you have?

Hi,

I am using IE7 and firefox, basically i had problems with IE7 beta2 and had to reinstall it, which messed up the registry, then i used the registry repair tool which made my system functional but since then no one with a limited account can access the mentioned sites.

i haven't got a router.firewall, norton firewall is installed and running, sometimes (v.rarely) the limited accounts are able to open yahoo mail and or gmail.

any help?

Regards

Mutahir

PS : If its to do with security policy of the machine then what shall I do?