Problem with Windows Live Messenger

danielvh

Hey guys

Just finishing off my CD. I'm auto-installing Windows Live Messenger using batch commands (it's an install copy I found on these forums that has a silent installation. Here: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...live+messenger). I try installing the XPCD in a virtual PC with Microsoft Virtual PC 2004. It seems to install fine but then once in windows I can't access wlm and I get the following error message:

"C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Below is my batch command that I use for installing it.

CLS
@echo off
TITLE Windows XP Home SP2 - Automated Installation

ECHO.
ECHO Over the next few minutes you will see automated installations
ECHO of various applications.
ECHO The computer will restart automatically afterwards.

ECHO.
ECHO Removing useless Windows Catalog shortcut...
DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Windows Catalog.lnk"

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Windows Live Messenger
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\wlm\wlm.exe

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Adobe Reader 7.0.8
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\ar\ar.exe

ECHO.
ECHO Installing AVG Anti-Virus (remember to update)
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\avg\avg.exe /HIDE /DONT_START_APPS /NO_WELCOME /NO_AVGW_STARTUP /QUIT_IF_INSTALLED

ECHO.
ECHO Installing WinRAR
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\wr\wr.exe /S

ECHO.
ECHO Applying Registry Tweaks which add my comp/my docs etc to the dektop...
REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\RegTweaks.reg

ECHO.
ECHO Restarting the PC in 3 minutes...
shutdown.exe -r -f -t 180 -c "Please hold, XP will now restart..."

ECHO.
ECHO Deleting Temp Installation Files...
RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\install

EXIT

Any ideas?

Thanks

Daniel

Edited by danielvh

Hey guys

Just finishing off my CD. I'm auto-installing Windows Live Messenger using batch commands (it's an install copy I found on these forums that has a silent installation. Here. I try installing the XPCD in a virtual PC with Microsoft Virtual PC 2004. It seems to install fine but then once in windows I can't access wlm and I get the following error message:

"C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." Any ideas?

I created the installer you are using. It has worked fine for most users, but a few (mostly non-english but not all) have been experiencing difficulties with it. I'm currently uploading a completely redone installer and hopefully have solved all these issues. The new installer uses WinRAR instead of 7z on the suggestion of 'Muiz'. I use dialup, it'll take about 1 hour to upload. Currently the available file was updated Aug 19. When the new file is available the site will state that it was updated Aug 27. Use the link to my repository to get the new file.

shark