TUTORIAL: All About Resource Hacker!

Vishal Gupta

Resource Hacker is a tool to hack Windows system files. You can edit system files and change the look of dialog boxes, menus and many other things the way you like.

Following are a few screenshots of a few interesting hacks which can be done using Resource Hacker:

newpicturevn3.jpg

newpicturekw4.jpg

newpicturegw3.jpg

newpicture9nf.jpg

untitled7gu.jpg

untitled23nx.jpg

untitled32jt.jpg

untitled28ey.jpg

Above are just a few examples. You can use Resource Hacker for changing almost everything you want.

I have posted my resource hacker tutorial at my site, I got a gr8 response from ppl in various forums. So pls take a look at the tutorial and lemme know how is it? If you want to ask anything, feel free to ask. :)

All About Resource Hacker in a brief Tutorial

To read all resource hacker tutorials:

All Resource Hacker Tutorials

Edited by Vishal Gupta

I've not tried Resource Hacker, but I have read a couple of times on other sites about occasional problems when changing various resources.

Just highlighting this so others know.

All the best guys.

steve

I've not tried Resource Hacker, but I have read a couple of times on other sites about occasional problems when changing various resources.

Just highlighting this so others know.

All the best guys.

steve

This could be true given that people don't know what they are doing.

ive been using this soft to change icons on shell32.dll....... MANUALLY !

now i read i can prepeare a script to do it automatically, will it still be usefull each time microsoft updates this file?

if so, i would apreciate a little example, cause i didnt get how to do it from the tutorial :(

(an example for 1 icon is more than enough )

I'm writting an app called "Reshacker Script Creator" wich will let you create Reshacker scripts with ease. I just started yesterday so it will take a bit to get a full-working Alpha. I'm sure that this app + this tut will be very useful for customization lovers :)