What is the best way to Protect ?

xtremee

Hi all,

i wanna to know what is the best way that i can use to prevent my CD from being copied.

i have make Autorun password but, i worry about copying my cd so, what have i to do to protect my CD from copying.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Xtremee

i know that the autorun is not good

wat i'm looking for is tool to encrypt my CD or something like that to prevent my CD from copy

Also this CD have a program that i work on it for a long time so i will buy it and wanna a good protection. I know that there isn't a 100% protection but lets c the best one

Edited by xtremee

True copy protection is a myth, it's more like a 'copy hindrance'.

If you created the CD with a standard CD burner, it can be copied.

Even systems that rely on physical differences in the disks (e.g. ProRing et al.) can be defeated easily, so if you're just creating the CD with your CD burner, you are definitely not going to make anything hard to copy.

You don't want others to make a copy of your CD, don't give it to them.

Yeah, that makes no sense. If you cancel during lead-in, there won't be anything on the CD (lead-in is before the data track itself). And cancelling during the lead-out will NOT prevent anyone from copying... Besides, it takes very good timing to do so. Lead-out is quite short, and the burning apps don't react instantly (click cancel, confirm you want to, app does it's thing and tries to make the drive stop - always takes a while). If anything, you'll just have a non-standard CD that will give you problems. If the PC using it to install can read it, it can be copied.

The only effective protection here is preventing physical access.