USB Mouse & Keyboard Promt For Driver

copytec

After Installing Nlitened Windows with all Drivers & Updates which works fantastic.. I have found that if a plug in a usb microsoft mouse or any HID device that it will prompt for the drivers ...of course this is very hard because you no longer have a PS2 mouse/kboard pluged in...

EG. installed nlitened windows using standard kb & Mouse... ..go a deliver system with a brand new MS wireless Keyboard & Mouse Kit ... USB only, and it will not install by itself ...it will prompt for the drivers asking you to press next .....It does not do this on a normal install of windows...it will just go found new hardware ...searching for drivers.... your hardware is ready to use......help Please....

• 1 month later...

I have exectly the same problem (?) with USB mouse and USB web-cam: every time I plug them in in EACH! USB port my computer asks for drivers but when I hit Continue button a few times it uses the files that are on system already. :wacko: And the most innoying that I have to install my mouse and web-cam for each USB port separetelly.

Edited by kitaec

Dont choose "delete .cat Files" the next time you nLite. I had the same problem.

Found this solution in month-old forum threads. Maybe there should be some kind of FAQ.

Edited by ict