Slow Startup With Auto Login

Azion

Hey all,

Since I've been using auto login my start up has been alot slower. It seems to hang on Restoring Network Connections. I'm not using DHCP and I've all the IP addresses & DNS servers setup. I've tried bootvis but it didn't make much of a difference. Can anyone sheld any light on this?

Cheers

Have any network shares mapped to drive letters that automatically restore after reboot?

Yes I have 3 or 4

This is the problem, restoring mapped drive connections. When hanged press ESC, and it should stop with restoring connections..

This will not solve the problem, but you'll be sure that it's related to mapped drive connections..

Have any network shares mapped to drive letters that automatically restore after reboot?

Yes I have 3 or 4

This is the problem, restoring mapped drive connections. When hanged press ESC, and it should stop with restoring connections..

This will not solve the problem, but you'll be sure that it's related to mapped drive connections..

Ya that's done the trick.

Looks like I just gotta deal the hang.

Thanks all

Ya that's done the trick.

Looks like I just gotta deal the hang.

Thanks all

I figured it was the maped drives.. You might have a slow machine you are connecting too.. Otherwise, if you are logging in with a username and password (beyond guest/anonymous access), try setting up an account on the remote machine with the same username and password as the local machine logs in as.. This way you can just use one set of credentials.. This has helped in the past sometimes.