glentium

HFSLIP 1.0.4rc5 supports the following variables for CD burning:

NOBURNISO=

CDBURNAPP=

CDBURNSW1=

CDBURNSW2=

HFSLIP uses the following command to burn the ISO:

%CDBURNAPP% %CDBURNSW1% "%TEMPISO%" %CDBURNSW2%

TEMPISO is an HFSLIP internal name for the ISO it has created. You can clearly see the difference between the CDBURNSW1 and CDBURNSW2 variables.

Unless cdburn.exe or dvdburn.exe is used, CDBURNAPP should contain the executable name of the burning program of your choice, including the path. If there are spaces in the path, it should be quoted.

If CDBURNAPP is not defined, HFSLIP looks in the HFTOOLS folder for either cdburn.exe or dvdburn.exe.

When using cdburn.exe or dvdburn.exe, you must specify at least the drive letter in the CDBURNSW1 variable, and HFSLIP defaults to CDBURNSW2=-max if CDBURNSW2 is not defined.

The purpose of NOBURNISO should be pretty straightforward, I think... :)

Here's a few examples:

ImgBurn.exe:

NOBURNISO=

CDBURNAPP="%PROGRAMFILES%\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe"

CDBURNSW1=/MODE ISOWRITE /SRC

CDBURNSW2=/DEST E: /START /COPIES 1 /ERASE /OVERWRITE YES /CLOSESUCCESS /WAITFORMEDIA

cdburn.exe (in HFTOOLS):

NOBURNISO=

CDBURNAPP=

CDBURNSW1=E:

CDBURNSW2=

cdburn.exe (in HFTOOLS) with erase:

NOBURNISO=

CDBURNAPP=

CDBURNSW1=E: -erase

CDBURNSW2=

dvdburn.exe (in HFTOOLS):

NOBURNISO=

CDBURNAPP=

CDBURNSW1=E:

CDBURNSW2=

dvdburn.exe (in HFTOOLS) with erase:

NOBURNISO=

CDBURNAPP=

CDBURNSW1=E:

CDBURNSW2=/Erase

• 3 weeks later...

So? Any comments?

This didn't make it into version 1.1.0 because nobody said if the implementation was workable or not.

Please let me know (by using the current test release) if it's good or if you'd prefer to see some changes.

I've never used this option in HFSLIP. I need to add some more stuff into sourcess folder before creating ISO.

But I agree that this option is usefull for quick testing purposes.

I use CDIMAGE.EXE for creating ISOs and CDBURN.EXE/DVDBURN.EXE for burning them on CDs (custom CMD files for creating bootable and non-bootable ISOs, burning on CD or DVD, right click "Create ISO image" on folders shortcut, right click "Write CD or DVD" on ISOs shortcut). Quick and dirty :P

All sources found in Unattended Forums B)

PS DVDBURN.EXE didn't worked on my mini-Windows :no: Maybe I deleted some needed files.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for not being able to respond to this sooner. I was kind of busy and also went on vacation.

Tried it with both CDBURN.EXE and DVDBURN.EXE in HFTOOLS. As expected, it defaulted to DVDBURN, but learned I don't have to use /Erase switch for DVD+RW media. Anyway, it worked. I didn't test CDBURN.EXE because of not having a chance to slim down my source but I guess, in principle, it should also work.

For it's lack of features, like verifying sectors and waiting for media to be inserted on the drive, I prefer not to use DVDBURN, though. So, I tried it with IMGBURN, and, of course, worked... :)

Also, even though, I sometimes fiddle with SOURCESS before making ISO and burning, I personally feel that this feature is necessary because one could always use MAKENOISO in HFANSWER.INI so that SOURCESS could be tweaked a bit, then, in one step, run HFSLIP again using MAKEISO, then BURN, BABY, BURN! :)

• 3 weeks later...