Vista

Arv3n

Hello.

I've been reading at a lot of places that Vista runs fine for them, they can do everything they normally do. But on my computer it's SO SLOW, and I have better system specs than them.

Is there anything I could do to fix this? Also, how do I upgrade builds without having to download the whole thing again? I heard new builds were out. But I don't know how to get them. Right now my DVD is 5384.

Thanks guys.

well, just by looking at your specs, i can easily say that my computer has to be slower than yours. to my knowledge, i don't think theres a way to update the build without reinstalling completely. just keep using it more like you would with what you used to run, and aside from compatibility issues, after a week or two, it'll run fine. you've got the same build i have, more than twice the processor speed, and more RAM, so it wont take as long. give it time. but also, don't have windows open if you aren't using them, it'll kill virtual memory, and vista runs out of it easily.

So just keep running it and it should go faster? Because I tried installing it a couple of times and it was on my HD for a couple of days before I got rid of it because it was so slow. :(

nothing is lightspeed at first. give it a few days, let vista settle into the environment, it'll all work out.

the first few times you do things with vista, it may not perform the greatest, but itll slowly get faster. once it gets used to the workload, it'll handle it better and better. its not the easiest concept to get used to, especially on a single processor board, but its not impossible.

Hello.

I've been reading at a lot of places that Vista runs fine for them, they can do everything they normally do. But on my computer it's SO SLOW, and I have better system specs than them.

Is there anything I could do to fix this? Also, how do I upgrade builds without having to download the whole thing again? I heard new builds were out. But I don't know how to get them. Right now my DVD is 5384.

Thanks guys.

Yeah, Beta 2, which is the build you have, is a pretty buggy and slow version compared to the ones after it, and oddly, some of the builds before it. There are newer builds, but they are only available to subscribed beta testers. However, the release candidate (which will be publically available) will be released the first half of september, so my opinion is to wait it out and then install that, should end up being much faster.