WMP

ebin25

I used nlite to remove WPM, I added the K-Lite mega codec pack, and winamp (with audio extensions only.) I love all results except one issue. I cannot play streaming WMV files in my browser.

For example MOVIE: SNATCH

The advertisement in the beginning plays fine, but when the wmv video starts, I am prompted to install a plugin (WMP.)

Now, on to my question. Is there a way to add the latest wmp to my installation, but remove ALL file associations, OR install a LITE version of WMP for the sole purpose of playing WMV files in my browser.

@ elajua

THANKS BRO. thats exactly what i was looking for.

I got Windows Media Lite, packed it up and gave it a

/VERYSILENT /COMPONENTS="browserplugin"

Who needs WMP.

EDIT: To save space, I installed wmp lite with FF plugin, used SOF to repack FF. Now, I only need to install my repacked FF durring setup.

:thumbup DEATH TO WMP!

Edited by ebin25

I haven't seen WMP in a year now.. Remove WMP + old cd/mpplayer + No compatibility with NLite, then take a look here:

http://ksphere.free.fr/site/codecspackage.php

Also there is a difference between the Windows Media Lite pack you use and the WM10Lite on this site, I recommend WM10Lite, there is a topic about the stuff on the ksphere site here, also explaining the difference in post #232.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...0707&st=255

I am almost satisfied with my current results. I remove wmp with nlite, install k-lite mega, and the wmp lite browser plugin (both via svcpack.ini).... I just keep running into wmasf.dll and wmidx.dll. seems like everytime I install an app (UltraISO, tmpgenc, etc...) I have to manually put the dlls in the app directory.

EDIT: These .dll files obviously are being removed with wmp. If i simply put these files in $OEM$/$$/System32, or maybe compressed them to dl_ and put them back into my I386, would this correct my problem?

Edited by ebin25