[HELP] Problem configuring network share

gui_m

Hi. I've been setting up a fileserver on XP Pro and so far it's been fine. I have 6 PCs, each with unique usernames and passwords so I could configure permissions for each PC in the house. I added a 7th PC and did the same procedure and when I try to add all the users into this 7th PC and set permission for them, it doesn't work.

On this 7th PC, I added the six other usernames with same password as on the remote machines. I disabled simple file sharing and when I went to set permissions for the created users I get a "Name not found error":

prob3sd5.png

I know that the user 'Lakani' is created properly in the local machine because I can even log-in the local machine using the user name. Here you can see that the user 'Lakhani' which i tried to set permissions for, does exist in the local machine:

prob4nf7.png

I get the same error message even when I try to set permissions for the default user name that I'm logged-in to!

What I think could be causing this is some removed component of disabled service I may have removed accidently as the PC has a customized nLite installation of XP. What missing services/components could be causing this? Any ideas of how to fix? Thanks

Edited by gui_m

Don't you have to put the domain/pc name before the name? For instance, if you're in domain MSHOME, the object name would be MSHOME/Lakhani. Or if the PC's name is HOME, the object name would be HOME/Lakhani. I'm pretty sure it's like this.