Computer no longer "remembers" passwords & logins

John O

Thanks. I do think the problem is in the registry and I don't think I have the skill to go there and make changes without help as that's how I created the mess in the first place. :(
Takeshi, I am sure that your linked web page is what I need, but I am pretty apprehensive about fooling around with my registry as that is what caused the problem in the first place.

You said earlier that you suspect the registry was to blame. So I provided the official link relevant and specific to your query.

If you didn't actually want a solution that specifically involves regedit then it would have been better to say this at the outset.

:unsure:

Edited by Takeshi

Well, Takeshi, as I said - or thought I said, I am not all that sharp with computers in the first place. I am just trying to solve a problem that I am not at all sure about. I am assuming it is in a registry issue. If I wasted your valuble time, I am sorry for that.

You did not waste my time really but it just seems odd that you're so paranoid about regedit. It won't bite you. Afterall you rightly suspected that incorrect reg is to blame. Doing what the KB says is not hard and doesn't require a degree in computing.

You might want to try reinstalling IE6 but I won't bet on it.