Wacky flash drive, need help

abuthemagician

I got a flash drive from IntegraSys (integrasys.fiserv.com) in the mail the other day as an advertisement. I plugged the thing in and noticed that it added a cdrom to my computer. I know its a 512mb flash drive, but when i format it in windows is shows up as 447mb because of the 50mb worth of integrasys on the cdrom part. My question is, how do i get rid of the CD rom part of the flash drive?

Some of those U3 enabled flash disks are partitioned so that they can autorun. The CD-ROM type partition is what autoruns and has all your U3 programs. The other major partition is for your data.

Seems yours is similar to this U3. I have a SanDisk that was U3 enabled. I can't remember exactly how I got rid of the CD-ROM partition but I think I used the program that came with it. Explore a little bit in its configuration. You may be able to find it somewhere.

I found the program last week and there is an english version. I did a Google search and

hit the (translate this page) untill I found Portfree production english. I don't remember which one that

it was, but it was on the first page of Google results. I have it at home and if I remember I will try to send it to you tonight.

Edited by RJM

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I need your help! I got a USB Stick with 1GB space on it. When I plugged it in, CBM2080 was displayed on WinXP installation. But there was a 10MB partition on it. I tried to use the Portfree Producation Program, but It could'nt find my Stick. Then I downloaded this cbm2080.rar and the eManual. With it I tried to format the disk. But now I only have a 8MB sized USB Stick which I cant format! Could someone help me?

-meilon

Hi!

I need your help! I got a USB Stick with 1GB space on it. When I plugged it in, CBM2080 was displayed on WinXP installation. But there was a 10MB partition on it. I tried to use the Portfree Producation Program, but It could'nt find my Stick. Then I downloaded this cbm2080.rar and the eManual. With it I tried to format the disk. But now I only have a 8MB sized USB Stick which I cant format! Could someone help me?

-meilon

Well, basically, you should try re-running the CBM 2080 program.

Reading an English manual (not really for it, but for a device that uses it):

http://www.crystalking.com.tw/FLASH.htm

http://www.crystalking.com.tw/Flash/PDF/eManual.pdf

Might help in understanding the settings to use, most probably you did something "wrong", like using the "Fix Volume size"or partition percentage....

Why did you use it in the first place?

No warranties implied, but if you re-format it with the correct settings it should work, unless of course, you tried the production tool because it did not. ;)

On the other hand if the device worked, you should not "play" with this kind of utilities...

jaclaz

P.S.: just for the sake of trying keeping info together as possible I am crosslinking this thread to this 911CD one:

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=15776

where some other make/models are mentioned

Edited by jaclaz

Hi!

-meilon

Maybe it was a fake one. There are many 1Gb and above USB drives that are actually much smaller. The Chinese seem to like these sorts of scams. Edited by LLXX