removed a feature i like by accident

dcyphure

i accidentally removed the ability to have most often used shortcuts appear in the start panel along with the "pin to start menu" context link

is there any way to fix this without having to redo nlite, like some registry entry or something?

I have a similar problem - In "accident" :) i'm remove print service when i'm build nlited system...

How to manually add printer service to windows xp, without system reinstall ??

I need to know file names of drivers to copy from original windows xp disk and probably some registry settings to add service...

I have a similar problem - In "accident" :) i'm remove print service when i'm build nlited system...

How to manually add printer service to windows xp, without system reinstall ??

I need to know file names of drivers to copy from original windows xp disk and probably some registry settings to add service...

since were both in the same boat, i say we tip it over and build a new one, hate to since messing with nlite takes alot of focus and time to make sure its the way you want it.

i'm thinkn the files that nlite removes when you tell it to for printer service is not likely anything you can extract from orginal disk

the time i've spent learning and using nlite is alot more than it wouldve been for me to manually do all the stuff it automates, i tell myself its not worth it but guess i'm determined to get a perfect copy of xp one day

@dcyphure

Try to apply a REG file with this content...

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"Start_MinMFU"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoStartMenuPinnedList"=-

...then go to Start Menu Properties and select a number of programs.