Internet Explorer Script Error

Error.jpg

No idea what I did to cause this. All I (know I did is I ) added a new entry for an install in the config part of WPI. I want to see how it looks, and then I get this error on starting WPI.hta from Windows Explorer. The weird part is that there is no character 8 on line 2. When I choose YES or NO on this error I get the next error message on api.js line 302... and of course there is no line 302???

I'm not counting on any great advice here.... but maybe wonders do exsist. Someone any clue where this comes from?

Roland

Dordrecht, The Netherlands

The javascript error messages are misleading. The line and character numbers are not always in the file reported in the error message. The file in the error message is where the function call originated.

So thats why the error is confusing.

My guess is that your config file has somehow been altered and is not loading correctly.

What did you add to your config file? Can you post your config file?

Edited by zorphnog

Well it's something much more basic I just discovered. Some application install-folders in the WPI\Install folders were unaccessable. So I suddenly realised I was looking at the probably more serious problem of disk errors. After a chkdsk I found that there were indeed index errors. They have been fixed and the problems are over. It all works again. And backups have been made!

Sorry for the trouble.

Ro