SATA drivers question - integration with nlite

vci

hi folks,

I'm so sorry if this question is beeing asked every day ...

But I just need to know how to add SATA drivers via nlite to an XP CD.

I want the CD to boot and automatically detect the SATA HDD (no other HDD in that system!).

So the CD should be able to format and install via SATA.

I have the driver, but what now? Which options to tick - which not ... ??

I just don't have any clue of that driver stuff *g*

a) windows xp prof

b) it is an intel sata controller within a hp compaq nc6320 notebook, a friend of mine owns it and wants me to install his windows ...

Edited by vci

If you have XP with integrated SP2, you will not need any third party SATA drivers. XP will detect your hdd without F6/floppy or integrated Intel SATA textmode driver.

If you want to integrate the Intel SATA drivers, do it as PnP device drivers.

I integrated it via PNP mode, and the hdd is not recognized - what now?
Have you integrated SP2 too?

If yes, try to integrate the Intel SATA drivers (look for the latest XP drivers for your Laptop at HP homepage) as TEXTMODE drivers.

For Intel SATA driver installation details look here:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/hp...load/23306.html

Edited by Fernando 1

hi fernando,

thanks for your help, windows version is xp prof sp2

I downloaded the latest driver from intel, not from your link (I already have that file - I integrated those drivers already as PNP drivers), instead of that I used this http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=175

The included drivers seem much newer than the ones from HP.

I only integrated "Intel 82801GBM SATA AHCI Controller (Mobile ICH7M)" (as mentioned from HP) as single-driver and text-mode.

Is that everything I need to do? Anything about the WINNT.SIF? OEM Preinstall? Tick that option or not?

What about [MassStorageDrivers] or [OEMBootFiles] or [OemInfFiles]?

The Problem now is, the Setup hangs when it loads drivers, crashing at Adaptec AHA-..... (says that a .sys file is corrupted)

I'm honest ... I don't now anything about driver integration ... because I only use PATA drives *g*

Edit:

I deactivated OEM Preinstall and will do a new test ...

Edited by vci

I only integrated "Intel 82801GBM SATA AHCI Controller (Mobile ICH7M)" (as mentioned from HP) as single-driver and text-mode.

Is that everything I need to do? Anything about the WINNT.SIF? OEM Preinstall? Tick that option or not?

What about [MassStorageDrivers] or [OEMBootFiles] or [OemInfFiles]?

No, there is nothing else to do for you.
The Problem now is, the Setup hangs when it loads drivers, crashing at Adaptec AHA-..... (says that a .sys file is corrupted)
Is it possible, that you did not activate the SATA ports within the mainboard BIOS? This is absolutely necessary, if you want to use them. The error message, that a SYS file is corrupted, is probably misleading.

If I am right, enable the SATA ports and retry the installation of the OS without any Intel SATA drivers.

It is not possible to activate/deactivate the SATA ports in the BIOS.

The only thing which is SATA related is "SATA native mode" which is set to enabled (also tried disabled).

Additionally WinXP is already installed (factory shipped) and boots. If SATA was disabled I would not able to boot into Windows ...

I just want to install a clean Windows without any bloat from HP ...

But ... good news!!!

I disabled OEMPreinstall and now it works! yehaaaaa ;-)

I was almost going nuts lol ...

Thanks for your help!