0x00000077 bsod

Thauzar

Hi, I just bought a new computer, installed windows and I sometimes (too often) get bsod saying 0x00000077 and the error code is related to defective scsi cabling (i don't have scsi devices, only ide and sata) or two devices are attempting to use the same IRQ.

sorry if it's in french but here is the printscreen. It's strange that IRQ go over 15 since I never knew it could do it, but stranger is that windows jumps some IRQ numbers and then stacks sata controlers and network controlers all on IRQ 20-23.

irqs.jpg

conflicts-sharing.jpg

I would need help or advice PLEASE

i looked in bios, can'T assign irq over 15. and xp usually got that grayed out box where you can't uncheck the option to let us assign irqs manually. :}

I think you have a NFORCE mb and a Maxtor SATA2 HD. Is that so? If so I suggest you to change the HD as soon as possible because it's incompatible with your MB. If you can't return it then you have to disable SATA2.

Have you tries looking up that error code on google???

nitro: duh!!!!!! have you anything less intelligent to say? go back play with your lego blocks or please be helpful :whistle: My question was about how come windows stacks so many devices on IRQ 20-23 and how to spread that a bit. Why does it stop at 23, when I though anyway irq could not go over 15?

francesco: my hard drives are Seagates, and yes I do have a nforce mobo.

I also was having 0x000000F4 bsod and I think the fix for it fixed also my 0x00000077 bsod... didn't get it in a day, hope it'll keep this way :angel

Have you tries looking up that error code on google???

nitro: duh!!!!!! have you anything less intelligent to say? go back play with your lego blocks or please be helpful :whistle: My question was about how come windows stacks so many devices on IRQ 20-23 and how to spread that a bit. Why does it stop at 23, when I though anyway irq could not go over 15?

francesco: my hard drives are Seagates, and yes I do have a nforce mobo.

I also was having 0x000000F4 bsod and I think the fix for it fixed also my 0x00000077 bsod... didn't get it in a day, hope it'll keep this way :angel

Usually those 2 errors have to do with HDs, for example when they're broken or there are problems with the power supply.

Edited by Francesco

I think the problem was with the access to the page file on one of the disc, when I was downloading stuff from the net, like a torrent. I checked the wires seems ok, and the PSU seems fine too, at 600watt it's surely not a lack of power.

I'm gonna update here if it gets worst but I really think moving the kernel and paging to memory did the trick.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\MediaCenterTray]
"DisablePagingExecutive"=dword:00000001
"LargeSystemCache"=dword:00000001