WUD Version 2 Feature Requests

jcarle

What about the option to export a list of the updates and their URL's? This would be handy for slow connections, and I could flashget all the links easily and download them for later use. Thanks

You can open an UL file with notepad & get links from there.

Then, to cater to the original URL request, why not create a right-click context menu option to copy the URL of the update to the clipboard? That doesn't seem like that would require too much...

I don't quite understand the use? Considering WUD allows you to choose only one update at a time and now it even lets you know which ones you've already downloaded.

fredmsfn mentioned slow connections.Like modem 56Kb etc.

I think he'd like to use download manager (ReGet , Download Master etc.) for downloading updates 5Mb & more , because WUD can't pause for example.It's important for this type of connection if you need to do something else in web while update is downloading."Connection lost" problem also important for modem users , can WUD continue download if it happens?

DM also can reconnect to web or switch off your CPU if you start downloading & going elsewhere or to sleep :)

fredmsfn mentioned slow connections.Like modem 56Kb etc.

I think he'd like to use download manager (ReGet , Download Master etc.) for downloading updates 5Mb & more , because WUD can't pause for example.It's important for this type of connection if you need to do something else in web while update is downloading."Connection lost" problem also important for modem users , can WUD continue download if it happens?

DM also can reconnect to web or switch off your CPU if you start downloading & going elsewhere or to sleep :)

Download resume could take me a bit of time to figure out... but Shutdown PC after downloads could be easy to implement if there's some sort of interest for that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

nice work jcarle...

possibly a odd request, but any chance of being able to split the hotfix list by type i.e. type I and type II installers

It would help so much with a little project of mine, as at the moment, I have to check each one myself....

I think that the pause/resume idea would be a handy feature.

I'd like to suggest a bandwidth throttle option - which could be handy if u need to do other stuff while the downloading is taking place.

Cheers

Nath.

Edited by tarquel

• 2 weeks later...
:thumbup Great job, Jcarle !!!! :thumbup

Can you add...

Not to unload the archives already unloaded. not to allow to select archives already unloaded.

thanks, sorry butmy native is spanish.

I'm affraid i don't quite understand what you mean...