Which is the best reliable repackager

patelsiraj1

hi guys there...

i want to know which is the best repackager.

i have seen some repackaged msi files and extracted it in one folder.i saw that there was one folder named win besides program files.

i have used installshild adminstudio and wise package studio but they were not as reliable as expected

and the msi file created with them when extracted there was folder named windows but not win

can any body tell me which repackager makes folder named win not windows in msi package.

thanx in advance..

i think i dont get exactly what you mean by folder "win".

I use for repackagin Scriptlogic Installer Design Studio. i have made about 5 repacks and all worked fine.

if you mean by "win" the folder windows is installed to then any repackager can handle it because is a system variable and is not static. Example if you choose to install windows under C:\MyWindows any msi setup that points to "windows" folder will install files to C:\MyWindows instead of C:\Windows or C:\Win

if this isnt what you expect, then be more specific.

@elajua some stuff like WininstallLe use SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE

I'd recommend WininstallLe as you can edit msi's after install to make sure anything else wasn't captured. But it's expensive, so I download the setup file and put it in a virtual PC every time I wanna use it.

Otherwise use InstallRite http://epsilonsquared.com

And WOW, it's a PARADOX that there wasn't a folder named WINDOWS but WIN! That makes a HUGE difference!

Edited by T D

i have used installshild adminstudio and wise package studio but they were not as reliable as expected

Man, go say something else!

lol i second that.

but again, i really dont get it clear what he mean the first time.

@ elajua

Yes. Whatever name (short or long) is given to a variable, a package KNOWS its destination.

@ patelsiraj1

I don't see why some name should be a problem. A packager can't be bad JUST

because it uses its own names, short or long.

If you get some problems with those packagers, other than names, let's know. We can help.

I haven't used installshield adminstudio, though I have got the demo version CD (about 500 MB).

But I have created many packages, successfully, using wise package studio.

I don't care wether it uses win or windows for %WinDir% or %SystemRoot% variable.

Files will be installed into X:\Windows, X:\WINNT or even X:\WinCows in either situation.

Edited by mazin

i want to repackage divxcreate from (www.divx.com)

i have tried installshield adminstudio and wise package studio to repackage it ....i sucessfully repackage divx create and also sucessfuly install it.but after installing the application when i try to run it it doen'nt run at all.

any help would be appreciated...