Nlited xp working on VMware, but not on my pc?

Phorze

Recently i have become interested in tweaking windows, creating unattended installations, these boards are allways very helpfull. :lol: However today i have an issue i simply cannot grasp

I have nLited a windows install, and it works correctly on VMware.

However , if i try it on my PC, it won't boot. Here's what happens:

The installation runs correctly untill the final reboot. (the last parts are "registering components" and "saving settings" or something, then it reboots).

Normally after this reboot it should initiate the first windows use (change resolution etc) BUT it keeps rebooting, my pc ends up in a rebooting loop. So somehow it doesnt recognise the fresh installation.

In addition it seems to erase the complete MBR record because it doesnt let me boot to my old installation when that happends.

The thing is , how can i ever know what's the problem if i dont get an error report :blink:

If i should post any of the SIF files please ask, im not sure what can be usefull.

[EDIT]

I use the integrated NVraid drivers , from the "legacy" folder of my nForce driver package, v6.86

My NVraid biosversion is 4.84.

[EDIT2]

I've read the guide for integrating NVraid drivers but im still not sure what i should pick. I have a Nforce 4 ultra chipset. Should i use the SATARAID folder or the LEGACY folder. Untill this stage i have allways chosen the LEGACY folder. However it contains 2 .inf files i can choose from: "nvraid.inf" and "nvatabus.inf"

LAST_SESSION.INI

Last_SessionLATEST.ini

Edited by Phorze

The thing is , how can i ever know what's the problem if i dont get an error report :blink:
You will get an error message, if you hit F8 at startup and choose the option "do not automaticly restart at any system failure" (or similar).
I use the integrated NVraid drivers , from the "legacy" folder of my nForce driver package, v6.86

My NVraid biosversion is 4.84.

Whithin my guide I recommend to take the IDE drivers off the 6.85 chipset driver package for nForce4 ultra systems.
I've read the guide for integrating NVraid drivers but im still not sure what i should pick. I have a Nforce 4 ultra chipset. Should i use the SATARAID folder or the LEGACY folder. Untill this stage i have allways chosen the LEGACY folder. However it contains 2 .inf files i can choose from: "nvraid.inf" and "nvatabus.inf"
You have to integrate the LEGACY subfolder and you have to pick up both recommended controller drivers.

You have to integrate the LEGACY subfolder and you have to pick up both recommended controller drivers.

Both? i have to pick nvraid.inf and nvatabus.inf?

Because if i load one of the two, i can't add another , it will say something like "driver allready added"

So i guess it comes down to nvraid.inf OR nvatabus.inf.

anyway, im going to check out 6.65 now. ( i wonder if it actually has different fileversions)

EDIT:

Sorry fernando i think i know what you meant with both drivers, you mean select both proposed controller drivers after you select one of the INF files. Yeah thats what i've been doing since the beginning, and ofcourse loading them as TXT mode drivers.

Edited by Phorze