Upside down video....

Nakatomi2010

I got a video from someone online and it's all upside down, was wondering if anyone knew of a peice of software that would allow me to flip the video around 180 degrees without having to re-encode it....

A quick addendum here... I just tried playing the video on a different player and it played in the proper orientation..... Why would it be flipped 180 degrees in one player and not the other?

Edited by Nakatomi2010

avisynth http://www.avisynth.org it's something wonderful. (I always use it when I convert ripped dvds into H.264). There's so many built in functions that you can do just about anything, not to mention huge amount of plugins available.

If nobody of you guys used it, please spend few hours on it, you won't find anything like it. You can also get pre alpha version http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=114643 Even though it's alpha, it's very stable.

Up-side-down video is a result of conflicts with codecs. It is recommended that you simply uninstall any codec packs you have installed and use something like FFDShow. The player with the video up-side-down probably uses external codecs/filters while the player that has no issues likely has the codecs/filters integrated into it.

Up-side-down video is a result of conflicts with codecs. It is recommended that you simply uninstall any codec packs you have installed and use something like FFDShow. The player with the video up-side-down probably uses external codecs/filters while the player that has no issues likely has the codecs/filters integrated into it.

he speaketh the truth :thumbup

he speaketh the truth :thumbup

lol, last time I had upsidedown video was... 4 years ago working with DV. I had the Nimo Codec Pack installed. Uninstalled it and moved onto something better, reinstalled my DV codec, problem solved. But yeah, too many codecs. Possibly duplicates, or several different codecs for the same file type, things like that.