WUD 2.21 Final

jcarle

WUD 2.21 is now released as final.

Get it in this thread.

IMPORTANT, if you created a UL file for a previous version of WUD, the <updatelist> tag has changed.

<updatelist os=""> has now become <updatelist product="">.

I have already updated all of the current UL and have included them with the main download package. However, please make sure that you correct your local copies before re-submitting them.

Also, please report all bugs with version 2.21 in this forum.

Thank you. :)

Edited by jcarle

I would be nice to have the Windows 2000 Professional and Windows 2003 Server in english version download option in the drop down menu

yes, please. seeing how most of it is in ENG...not sure why the Win2k Pro x86 is FRA :blink:

I would be nice to have the Windows 2000 Professional and Windows 2003 Server in english version download option in the drop down menu

yes, please. seeing how most of it is in ENG...not sure why the Win2k Pro x86 is FRA :blink:

because maxximum made the french update lists.. jcarle only supplied the english xp update list

because maxximum made the french update lists.. jcarle only supplied the english xp update list

Indeed, and the only reason we even have the ULs that we have available are because great members too the time to compile them. If you'd like to contribute, all the information is available in this thread.

I'm running Server 2003 and I'm hoping to make an update list in the near future... I've just got a couple of other things on my plate at the moment.

I'm running Server 2003 and I'm hoping to make an update list in the near future... I've just got a couple of other things on my plate at the moment.

No need - I made one tonight :)

jcarle: I had a couple of ideas for improvements/features for the next version..

1. Another drop-down list of languages so you can sort by language - this will be handy as more UL's are created as the list is going to get rather large.
  2. Creating a folder based on the product & language, into which the Category folders are created (if subfolders are selected)
  3. A time elapsed/remaining counter next to the MB transferred/remaining counter.
  4. Have the program check for existing files so it doesn't re-download them, which will save bandwidth for those who download the regularly updated UL files.

Edited by draxx

jcarle: I had a couple of ideas for improvements/features for the next version..
  1. Another drop-down list of languages so you can sort by language - this will be handy as more UL's are created as the list is going to get rather large.
  2. Creating a folder based on the product & language, into which the Category folders are created (if subfolders are selected)
  3. A time elapsed/remaining counter next to the MB transferred/remaining counter.
  4. Have the program check for existing files so it doesn't re-download them, which will save bandwidth for those who download the regularly updated UL files.

Well, 1 and 2 are maybe a little unnecessary. I think instead, it will be better to simply have each UL available for download seperately. I'm working on a WUD official homepage right now to do that.

3 is interesting and i've thought of doing so before, but i'm not completely sure how i'd go about doing so, i have to check a few things first.

As for 4, that is a definate priority which will be the next thing added to WUD.

Well, 1 and 2 are maybe a little unnecessary. I think instead, it will be better to simply have each UL available for download seperately. I'm working on a WUD official homepage right now to do that.

I think he was talking about having WUD download each UL's downloads to a specific folder, and then the subfolders below that... so you get something like

X:\Downloads\Windows XP x86 ENU\<all XP updates here>

X:\Downloads\Windows 2003 Server x86 ENU\<all 2K3 updates here>

Since both Windows XP and Server 2003 have "Critical Updates", and otherwise you'd get updates for both in the same folder.

As I said, they are just ideas. I probably should have ordered the list by importance.

For me, 2 is the most important, due to the naming of the folders, as Zxian mentioned. It's easily avoided by changing the category names, however it's tidier with a separate folder per product. It also opens up the ability to download hotfixes for multiple products at once.

4 would be the next most important, with 1 & 3 being purely cosmetic.

I think he was talking about having WUD download each UL's downloads to a specific folder, and then the subfolders below that... so you get something like

X:\Downloads\Windows XP x86 ENU\<all XP updates here>

X:\Downloads\Windows 2003 Server x86 ENU\<all 2K3 updates here>

Since both Windows XP and Server 2003 have "Critical Updates", and otherwise you'd get updates for both in the same folder.

Yeah, now I see what was meant. Okay, makes sense. It's not half bad and will actually make it into the next release along with the checking of already download updates. Awesome, I love the feedback guys. :)