New Norton Killer Available

Norton continues to be the worse virus I ever have to remove from customers PC's. Again this week a customer was begging me to help him with a Norton 2006 install that was driving him nuts. It was reporting a virus and then refusing to remove it. And, his computer was running so slow he couldn't stand it any more. Total frustration!!!!!

WELL, the old Norton Killer I had said it was out of date and refused to work.

Norton also would not uninstall itself. So I did what I have to do so often and I physically ripped it out by the roots.

Then I installed both AVG 7.1 FREE and Trojan Hunter and AdAware SE/Personal and Spybot S&D and got his computer completely clean of all malware.

I had to remove over 200 pieces of spyware. Some were pre-installed by the computer's manufacturer.

After I got home, I did some Googling and found that indeed there is a new Norton Removal Tool. It comes in three parts now, not just two.

So, I packaged them up (zipped) and uploaded them to my Rented Site where others can easily download them.

http://tools.house-tech.net

In the "Computer Tools" section,

Download:

NortonKiller.exe

Put it in a Desktop folder and run it to unpack it.

There will be three files, each one numbered consecutively.

Run file #1, then file #2 and then (guess what) file #3.

When you're done running the three files, Norton will be GONE!

I hope this will help those who are as sick of Norton as I am.

Bartender! Beers all around! :thumbup

Andromeda43 B)

Probably the same reason people buy Gaming Computers with Celerons in them, because most people don't have a clue. It's up to intelligent people like us (lol) to edumacate them. Also a lot of systems come shipped with norton and a 3 month subscription.(Because Symantec pay the likes of Dell,HP, etc to put it on there)

Probably the same reason people buy Gaming Computers with Celerons in them, because most people don't have a clue. It's up to intelligent people like us (lol) to edumacate them. Also a lot of systems come shipped with norton and a 3 month subscription.(Because Symantec pay the likes of Dell,HP, etc to put it on there)

hahahaha, thats a good post, its so true about the celeron thing! and the funny thing is... People also buy ex-government computers and thing they are the best thing, hell i know its for people on a budget/or have no money, but still!

heheheh i hate norton antivirus. my dad got one from his company, that and a version of mcaffe. and i gotta tell you, it slowed down his amd 2200 :blink: it made it run bad, around 5 minutes too boot up (before it was about 45 seconds) i was amazed at that, then i told him about AVG not too long ago. he hadnt had any virus protection on his computer because he was angry at them all just because of norton and mcaffe. so when he installed avg, he hasnt removed it. its been on the computer for over 5 months now :P

bye bye norton/mcaffe

theres an even easier way to delete norton than that, and i ran into it by accident.

get your norton CD [hopefully you have it] and put it in. select clean install, and let it go.

first off, it'll tell you it has to remove any previous versions installed, which is exactly what you want, no?

when it finishes removing NAV from your computer, it will ask you to reboot. simply take out the CD, reboot, and you're good. to finalize it, go into your computers Program Files folder. located at:

C:/Program Files [or something very close to that] and fine the Symantec folder. delete the folder [its already empty] and NAV is completely off your system. gone. not a single dot or square of its programming is left.

how about that, no downloading at all :thumbup

theres an even easier way to delete norton than that, and i ran into it by accident.

get your norton CD [hopefully you have it] and put it in. select clean install, and let it go.

first off, it'll tell you it has to remove any previous versions installed, which is exactly what you want, no?

when it finishes removing NAV from your computer, it will ask you to reboot. simply take out the CD, reboot, and you're good. to finalize it, go into your computers Program Files folder. located at:

C:/Program Files [or something very close to that] and fine the Symantec folder. delete the folder [its already empty] and NAV is completely off your system. gone. not a single dot or square of its programming is left.

how about that, no downloading at all :thumbup

Whatever works for you. NortonKiller gives the same result. Besides, killing Norton is a lot funner than pretend-installing it. :P

Edited by Jeremy