Auto-Patcher For Windows 98se (English)

Recommondation for new AP Version:

Java 6 Upd.7 , IE 950759 Cum. Upd. ,OE 941202 , DST Upd 951072

replace msimg32.dll (98) with Win ME msimg32.dll (so runs Opera 9.51 ) see MDDCU300E ,Big Open Box Upd , MDCUPL ,New Oleupd from MDGX ,New KernelEX 0.3.5 ,BigHDD 3.0 and i found this updates 274548 ,wdmmdm.exe are not in AP

PCHIO98 , Q313829fix -- MDCU300

Replace Files with newer regsvr32.exe / extrac32.exe / extract.exe /msdaipp.dll / msconv97.dll /msvcp60.dll /advpack.dll /vpowerd.vxd

from SESP30 Beta3

Better Installationroutine for:

Tools9x ,Service 9x , 2to4 Digit ,TTFPack ,HHupd always i must install this by hand

New Version of Infrarecorder is out 0.45 ; bad tool i must say better replace this crap or let it away

Flash 9.0.124 ; Shockwave 10.2.23 runs Stable

New Karens Directory Printer 5.2.9

New Anvir Task Manager Free 5.2

New NIS Time 3.31

i suggest Klugscheisser 3.2 better Scanreg Tool or Autostartmanager 1.45

Edited by barbarien

it is already end of the July, no new stable nor beta version to download. auto-patcher starts (if not worse) to loose "update" competition...

The new version is coming very soon, the upgrade pack is about 25 megs (will upgrade your AP from dec 07 to june 08)

Question run Shockwave Player 11 under win98 when i want load it from the Adobe Site an Applet comes up

this is not a supportet Operating System

i found this topic

http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t114600.html

i load a Version from this Site 11.0.458

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/ but here is the OS supportet ??

but runs not

also this Version http://www.mdgx.com/toy.htm#SHFL dont run

so i stay with 10.2.023 runs stable

Sometimes i lost my history in ie6 ?????

i installed ie 6 Sp1 +Patches from AP Dez. + 950759 (before i have 947864 , 942615) same thing

something is strange here, often i lost connection to internet must restart the router ????

will test it out -maybe only a to large ie cache set it under 100mb

disable further patches since AP Dez ,maybe the 939653 is good will see, the above Patches i dont no

Edited by barbarien

:whistle: Shockwave 11 and Adobe Reader 8.1.2***RUNS GREAT on W2K (Win2000) AdvancedServer on an old MoBo with PIII-500mhz+256mb/sdram at that!!! :unsure: ***Win98SE below 256mb/ram cannot support Shockwave above 10.2.0.23 nor above Adobe Reader 6.1...Yet. :sneaky: Careful which flash player you use too!!!Auto-patcher installs work best for that though.... :thumbup

I found big problems ,

in AP Dez you added these unoffical Patches 301453 , 272991 these are not in the Changelog !!!!

so i must first find out whats the Problem !!! :angry:

after that my ADSL Connection lost Power and Lost Connection after a while

so i must replaced thes updated Files with older ones and after that my ADSL works great,without connection losses

ndis.vxd 4.10.2226 to 4.10.2224 Q 243199 AP Oct. Full ;newer 4.10.2225 (Q 270063) i cant find

vip.386 4.10.2228 to 4.10.2227 Q 269388 AP Oct. Full

vnetbios.vxd 4.90.3001 to 4.10.1998 Win CD File ; newer 4.10.2223 (Q 265558) i cant find

ppmac.vxd 4.10.2223 to 4.10.2222 Win 98 CD File

:hello:

:whistle: AutoPatcher Oct 2007 installs Dotnet 1.1 and java5 updates to 13 and net meeting files ...Dec has DotnetSP1update and java 6............Java5 update15 is current newest! :sneaky: Download Oct2007 to Harddisk and then drop&add Dec2007Final Edition download on top of the files already in AP file....***It Acts as an Upgrade does then add modules as you need and it runs about 45minutes or so :thumbup watch for shockwave version with your system as Schockwave10.2.0.23 works best so far ;*Shockwave 11 ,if you have great memory and cpu mhz's...New Flash9.0.124.0 :hello:

Welcome back soporific. :)

I'm dual-booting Linux and 98SE again, no Vista/XP, so I'm interested in this stuff again. Shockingly I discovered while setting 98SE up that I had never downloaded the full December 2007 final, only the RC and the upgrade. No matter, as the upgrade to final worked fine.

I just toggled off the Java, Flash, Shockwave, and a couple of other things I install myself with later versions and it worked fine. Added a couple of things from the manual installs folder and I was off and running.

My previous problems with getting 98SE stable had to do with both the crappy SATA controllers on my board (so I now use only PATA and deactivate the SATA controller in the Bios) and my finding that Via Hyperion 4-in-1 4.56v is actually the latest one I can use that correctly sets things up on this board on 98SE. No more need to play with manually installing the Via AGP driver to get AGP going as 4.56v sets it up fine automatically. And so far no more mysterious IOS errors that were probably caused by either the SATA or Via driver problems.

I'm kind of afraid of using any later Internet Explorer Cumulative Upgrade package than the one installed by Auto-Patcher because I use ZoneAlarm free for my firewall and I've read that the later IE Cumulative packages cause ZoneAlarm to disconnect from the internet totally. I haven't seen any discussion about this here. The only thing offered by Zonelabs is a new version solving the problem but that version doesn't support 98SE.

I'd love to see some guru here somehow patch up the Internet Explorer updates in that package so they won't cause the problem.

Hi soporific! :hello:

Glad you could drop in after floating around in the Ether!

Let's get 9x rolling for 2008!

We need lots of testers for new updates (and free software add-ons), since some updated files this year have issues with some software or Windows 98SE itself.

The more input from people, the better the next AP updates set will be!

So, everyone get testing MDGx's currently listed updates and report!

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=46581

Welcome back soporific. :)

My previous problems with getting 98SE stable had to do with both the crappy SATA controllers on my board (so I now use only PATA and deactivate the SATA controller in the Bios) and my finding that Via Hyperion 4-in-1 4.56v is actually the latest one I can use that correctly sets things up on this board on 98SE. No more need to play with manually installing the Via AGP driver to get AGP going as 4.56v sets it up fine automatically. And so far no more mysterious IOS errors that were probably caused by either the SATA or Via driver problems.

Hi, Eck! I can confirm that Via Hyperion 4-in-1 4.56v is the latest version suitable for 9x/ME. As for SATA, perhaps your controller is not so crappy after all: the point is the latest drivers that work for 9x/ME with Via 6420 or 8237 SATA controllers is way older than that! The right choice is VIA_VT6420VT8237_SerialATA_V220E.zip, which is not easy to find. But now there is a link to get it here.

Yeah, you know I ran XP fine with the newer Via Hyperion SATA drivers when I was using a SATA hard drive on this board. Linux also ran fine with it. But 98SE just would eventually peter out with crazy errors until I stuck a PATA drive in here and turned off the SATA controller.

Thanks for the link. I probably have that older driver somewhere but now I'll just burn it for safe keeping. I likely had been using that SATA driver way back when I was using my ASUS A7V880 and dual-booting 98SE and XP. It worked fine back then. You're probably right that the newer drivers had a hand in my 98SE frustrations over a couple of years. Via claimed 98SE compatibility in its literature but they obviously must have stopped testing on 9x in the newer versions.

Anyway, I'm happy 98's running just fine now on the board. Those continual "error loading device IOS, real-mode memory allocation failed" 98SE failures drove me crazy for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...