Auto-Patcher For Windows 98se (English)

@barbarien & bristols:

Thanks a lot for the download sites and the cool Shockwave test. You rock! :thumbup

@bristols:

Are you actually using 10.2.0.23? Whats your experience with it? After the sad experience I had with 10.3.0.24 I'm wary of upgrading Shockwave, but I reckon that maybe 10.2.0.23 is the last fully working version for Win 9x. Please advise.

Edited by dencorso

:thumbup:Seems shockwave 10.2.023 ,okay with 98SE plus all possible/imaginalable official and unofficial upgrades includin': wupg98/mdcu2.40,sesp1.5-sesp3.03a,ap/sept'07-ap/dec07rc2,rp7-rp7.11.5...with windows explorer5.50.4134.100 in c:drive&windows area! and :whistle: repeat ::: same updates on 2nd computer just exchangin'rp7 foruberskinrp8 adding new uberskin!!!new update released today ;;;..no AFTER SHOCKS(OR TREMORS YET???)SMOOTHER INTERNET SURFIN' TOO!!! :thumbup :thydreamwalker: :angel ***try Renovatio as looks good with rp7*** Edited by thydreamwalker

Just a quick question. How can I remove the two flashing monitor icon from the systray next to the clock. Please make your reply easy to follow. Thanks.

Hi Ken,

In Control Panel, from Add/Remove programs, uninstall the Unofficial Improved Replacement Tools.

Cheers,

Sop.

Edited by soporific

Hi Sop. Just another quickie. I notice that I am getting a lot more Explorer errors recently, usually the white window which gives the choice of "ignore" or "quit", is this just me or can I fix something so this won't happen as much. Thanks, Ken. Also, have finally chosen the "Vista" theme with the "Vista Blue" wallpaper, so visually interesting, can't wait to turn my machine on now.

Sop, I uninstalled the Unofficial Replacement Tools from A/R, the "monitor" icon is no longer there but I also no longer have the 7 choice "Shut Down" option anymore. Even when I click on the "Start" button, then click on "Shut Down", nothing happens, just a quick flash. I have to use "Ctl-Alt-Delete" to get the window where I can click on the "Shut Down" box that works. Has the Unofficial Replacement Tools uninstall, gone too far. How Can I get this 7 choice dialogue back. Thanks, Ken.

Sop. You ought to be happy with my the new "techie" abilities you have been teaching me. By checking the info page in AP, I saw that Tihy's Tools9X hotfix controls all the items in the above message, so I re-install it, got the Shut Down functionality back again, as well as, the systray monitor icon which is OK (thought it was using too many resources, which I see it is not) if there is no easy way to uninstall it. I guess that I am actually learning this stuff. All the best, Ken.

Looks like Adobe either took down the newer Shockwave or it detects that I have Windows 98SE. All roads there now lead to 10.2.023, the one that appears to work well.

Of course, that's the one to include in the next Auto-Patcher, the full version download I would say but I'm not sure which you've been using.

The folks who have had Java 6 Update 4 problems I think should be aware that it's been an interoperability issue with the latest Flash for some time using any Sun Java and the new Flash version. I think Java 5 users experience the same thing. It's something for Adobe to fix, I think. No need to go back to the old Java if it doesn't make a difference.

I found in System Information that I do still have 2 instances of that ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering who's registry entry apparently has something wrong that makes it show as not functioning properly. I know not to bother troubleshooting this on this motherboard as it has always shown those even if I remove all the devices and have them redetected. They just show up again. But everything works and there are no blips in Device Manager. The HP Device Manager that comes with my scanner does show a whole slew of those ACPI IRQ Holder things with blips. There's no fix for it that I'm aware of. Not an Auto-Patcher problem, but included with my feedback and suggestions comes my progress and ranting. :)

Soporific, I replied to your two PMs from earlier today, and apart from the fact that I couldn't find any way to attach files to the message, when I looked in my "sent items" box it appears to be an empty message!

I don't know WTF is going on with this, did you get the message OK?

Cheers, Dave.

:)

@barbarien & bristols:

Thanks a lot for the download sites and the cool Shockwave test. You rock! :thumbup

@bristols:

Are you actually using 10.2.0.23? Whats your experience with it? After the sad experience I had with 10.3.0.24 I'm wary of upgrading Shockwave, but I reckon that maybe 10.2.0.23 is the last fully working version for Win 9x. Please advise.

Hi dencorso,

I've had 10.2.0.23 installed for almost 6 months with no problems whatsoever (just to confirm what others here are saying).

Just checked the Shockwave pages. It seems indeed as Eck says that Adobe has removed 10.3.0.24 and reverted to 10.2.0.23.

@thydreamwalker, bristols, barbarien, Eck, the_guy:

Lots of thanks to all of you for answering so promptly. You all rock! :thumbup

So Shockwave 10.2.0.23 is the way to go (and even Adobe recognized it!!! :) ).

Edited by dencorso

Dave-H,

Try what I used to do before the Environment Space Fix put stuff in Autoexec and config.sys. Delete the lines from there, as the Revolution Pack disagrees with them. Running the fix again will just put them back. Gotta get Auto-Patcher to run without out it.

So, look in C:\Program Files\Auto-Patcher (or, wherever it's installed).

Find the .bat file that the shortcut points to and right click it and choose Properties.

On the memory tab raise the drop down for environment space to a higher number. I can't remember, but I think I used to do it to all the .bat files I saw in there. But try it with just the one that starts the thing first. I think it's:

START_ME.BAT

If you still get the out of environment space error then try doing that to all the .BAT files you see in there. As long as any of those are run they will obey whatever settings you put into its pif (or Program Information File).