Auto-Patcher For Windows 98se (English)

On 12/11/2020 at 11:30 PM, Dave-H said:

I must say FWIW that I never had any problems with the 2008 update to Auto-Patcher, but of course it's now 12 years old, and the Service Pack must be far more up to date now!
:)

really? if you could give me a link to your 2008 update because mine borks it mine is the 2008 patch i haven't found a full 2008 edition....

The patch i have is a fake.

Edited by ZaPbUzZ
additional

There is no full 2008 edition, the December 2008 patch was just an update for the December 2007 full edition.
You have to have the December 2007 full version installed before you can use the update.
The 2008 Update file I've got is 45.3MB (47,558,413 bytes to be precise).
If yours is different it may well not be OK.
I would personally now use the 3.65 version of the Service Pack if I was wanting to update a new Windows 98SE installation from scratch, as it must surely be more up to date than any of the existing Auto-Patcher versions.

Edited by Dave-H
Addition

8 hours ago, Dave-H said:

There is no full 2008 edition, the December 2008 patch was just an update for the December 2007 full edition.
You have to have the December 2007 full version installed before you can use the update.
The 2008 Update file I've got is 45.3MB (47,558,413 bytes to be precise).
If yours is different it may well not be OK.
I would personally now use the 3.65 version of the Service Pack if I was wanting to update a new Windows 98SE installation from scratch, as it must surely be more up to date than any of the existing Auto-Patcher versions.

It depends on means and purposes.

I use the windows millennium step up edition it malfunctions with patch 3.65. My reason for using step up is demonstrated on archive dot org

i can be found there anyhow. 

• 1 month later...