Bootscreen

Romey

Hey Guys,

I love Xpize 4.5 works fine but for the boot screen could we please have a pulse ?? because what happens if it freezes ? You'll assume it's just taking along time to load. I think if we just "borrow" the one from the reg xp screen it would work nicely, and look wonderful.

-Romey

hi XPero! i use XPize with HFSLIP & i'm posting it here since the topic is about bootscreen ... i actually posted an inquiry in HFSLIP's forum & i'd just like to hear your take on it sir ... to quote

if XPize is integrated, HFSLIP seems to leave out changing of bootscreen ... otherwise, HFSLIp allows XPIze to change the bootscreen ... as such, would it be possible to allow for the bootscreen to be changed even when slipstreamed? thanks!
There's only one way to slipstream XPize into a source (according to its documentation) and HFSLIP is using that. If there are other ways, you should ask the author (XPero) for more info because they aren't publicly known.
thanks! :) Edited by Kiki Burgh

hi XPero! i use XPize with HFSLIP & i'm posting it here since the topic is about bootscreen ... i actually posted an inquiry in HFSLIP's forum & i'd just like to hear your take on it sir ... to quote
if XPize is integrated, HFSLIP seems to leave out changing of bootscreen ... otherwise, HFSLIp allows XPIze to change the bootscreen ... as such, would it be possible to allow for the bootscreen to be changed even when slipstreamed? thanks!
There's only one way to slipstream XPize into a source (according to its documentation) and HFSLIP is using that. If there are other ways, you should ask the author (XPero) for more info because they aren't publicly known.
thanks! :)

The bootscreen is only installed with silent install using the /S switch. When integrated (no confuse this with silent install), XPize patches files, but does not install extras such as the boot screen.