WUD 2.21 Beta

jcarle

I got a bug here... Quite often when I run it, I get the "Windows Update Downloader has encountered an error..." meesage, and then WUD closes.

When i debug it with the Microsoft CLR debugger, I get the following error message:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException' occurred in System.Windows.Forms.dll

Additional information: Value of '-2147482548' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.

CPU usage is still fairly high (8-10%) - maybe try only updating the GUI every 500ms or 1s? That's pretty much the time scale of what people are used to in more applications (Windows Update, Internet Explorer downloads, FTP clients, etc etc). The 100ms is too "in between" to be confortable to most users - it's not continuous enough to be smooth, while it's also not spaced out enough to be a timed update.

How could I customize it in order to receive Greek Windows Update downloads?
I have question. If the file is support 64bit OS???i want to 64bit windows update. :)
Just an Idea: what about WinXP ITA sp2 update?
great work. any update list (english version) for windows 2003 or 2000? is it possible to get the list from website?

All the update lists currently available come with the download package found in the main thread for WUD. We are looking for people to help us compile and maintain new update lists for other versions and languages like you've all requested, if you want to know how to help take a look this thread.

Also how will we get a new update file for the latest downloads when they come out?

All update lists are included with the main download package. If we collect enough update lists, I may make each UL available as a seperate download from the main package.

how did you implement microsoft's test if your windows is legit?

Of course your windows is legit, right? :)

Edited by jcarle

Mate, this is a brilliant little tool. Thanks very much.

Speedwise, it's excellent - maxes out my 1500/256k connection at 166.6KB/sec

Looking forward to seeing more UL files, especially 2003 & XP x64. Wouldn't mind seeing Office & Exchange UL's too. If I get time, I'll try to compile a list

Very cool tool. This is very helpful for those of us that don't have the bandwidth available to get Autopatcher, and only want SOME updates, not all.

Hope development continues. Looks great, and is very easy to use.

edit: 200th post!

Edited by jimmsta