WUD 2.21 Beta

jcarle

I'm writing italian version for WinXP 32bit (tomorrow I'll post it).

jcarle, what about a new feature to auto-update update lists ?!?

And what about a new feature to sort updates by year-month to let users find the last updates they need?

Anyway, great work, small exe... really good !!! :D

This is a great program. Any chance the program could detect which updates are already in the download folders so that when we get the new UL file it can automatically select the new updates?

Uhm, I think it's not so easy: if you start with a nLite'd os or one with slipstreamed hotfixes, you don't find them in download folder but they're installed. Maybe watching some system file and/or registry?

I'm intending on using this instead of microsoft's SUS.(i.e. storing these updates on a server so that any system I build can just check the update store) So for my purposes it would only have to check the download folder.

If I want updates for my own system I just use Windows Update.

That's undecided, could be a possibility.

And what about a new feature to sort updates by year-month to let users find the last updates they need?

Already implemented. Once the UL is loaded, it sorts the list based on the publishdate.

Any chance the program could detect which updates are already in the download folders so that when we get the new UL file it can automatically select the new updates?

I am looking into adding this feature. I have to make sure that the app is stable as is first, then, I will implement this.

NDP 2.0 ASP.Net Security Update shows up as the Malicious Software removal tool when downloading...........however it does download the correct file.....

I noticed this sort of behaviour last night when testing the Exchange & Office UL's - it seems to happen if you deselect individual hotfixes..

If I get a chance tonight, I'll do some further testing...

Just tried it and it worked perfectly on my XP SP2 Dell OEM box. Thanks very much for a simple-to-use tool. Looking forward to further development and added functions.

As a follow-up, I think there may be a bug in the application as follows:

I just set the app to download all the critical updates and as you can see in the attached picture, the file being downloaded is KB 920670, but the app reports the file KB890830. :wacko:post-89421-1155786863_thumb.jpg

Edited by apex2000

NDP 2.0 ASP.Net Security Update shows up as the Malicious Software removal tool when downloading...........however it does download the correct file.....

I noticed this sort of behaviour last night when testing the Exchange & Office UL's - it seems to happen if you deselect individual hotfixes..

If I get a chance tonight, I'll do some further testing...

Just tried it and it worked perfectly on my XP SP2 Dell OEM box. Thanks very much for a simple-to-use tool. Looking forward to further development and added functions.

As a follow-up, I think there may be a bug in the application as follows:

I just set the app to download all the critical updates and as you can see in the attached picture, the file being downloaded is KB 920670, but the app reports the file KB890830. :wacko:post-89421-1155786863_thumb.jpg

FIXED. :)

New build up for download, see first post.

Now that's quick work!!! Well done!. Unfortunately you were too quick, and released it just before I fixed the Office 2003 UL :). I updated the post with the original attachments with the fixed version

I'm writing italian version for WinXP 32bit (tomorrow I'll post it).

Anyway, great work, small exe... really good !!! :D

Hello Lorenzo,

I am Italian like you.

I study computing science at university and I have given an exam on XML and such.

As far as I've known so far there are some files with XML structure to edit.

If you want I'm glad to help ya with further releases.

I suggest you to use Notepad++ for getting text highlighting, it's kind of light and fits good our purpose.

In case you need it ask my MSN or ICQ ID in PM.

Greetings,

Deviad

Edited by Deviad