Microsoft Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs (WinFLP)

pantapei

wHo is???????

Microsoft Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs (WinFLP) Code Name Eiger

Microsoft Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs is a Windows-based operating system designed for customers who have older computers running earlier operating systems and who are not in a position to purchase new hardware. This operating system is available only to Microsoft Software Assurance customers and helps you get the most from your older hardware, thereby reducing your total cost of ownership. This Software Assurance benefit provides improvements to security and manageability to reduce the strain on your IT team, improve end-user productivity, and close security gaps.

Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs is based on Microsoft Windows XP Embedded Service Pack 2 (SP2), enabling you to upgrade to the security and stability of the Microsoft Windows XP platform. This eases the transition to Windows Vista Enterprise when you eventually replace your computers.

Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs is not a general-purpose operating system. It is designed to work with the Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection client or third-party clients such as the Citrix ICA client. In addition, it allows for a limited number of workloads to be executed locally, including security software, management software, terminal emulation software, document viewers, and the .NET Framework.

Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs (WinFLP) requires:

# A minimum of 611 MB of free hard drive space. Actual requirements will vary based on your system configuration and the applications and features you choose to install. Installing all optional components requires 1151 MB of disk space. These requirements are reported on the screen as you select options in the Setup wizard. Additional hard disk space may be required if you are installing over a network. Also, you should reserve additional space for future updates and service packs.

# A computer with 233 megahertz or higher processor clock speed (300 MHz is recommended); Intel Pentium/Celeron family, or AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor is recommended.

# 64 MB of RAM. 256 MB of RAM is recommended.

It appears that this version is severely limited.

In addition, it allows for a limited number of workloads to be executed locally, including security software, management software, terminal emulation software, document viewers, and the .NET Framework.
In other words, there's a limit to the number of processes that can be running.

I would rather install 98se.

• 2 weeks later...
In addition, it allows for a limited number of workloads to be executed locally, including security software, management software, terminal emulation software, document viewers, and the .NET Framework.

i have to say, i didnt have that "problem" (we can freely call it problem), even if its there, i dont think that its hardcoded, it can be tweaked, but personaly i didnt realise it, i configure windows for my own taste (standard after the boot there are just 9 processes) asllong as i remember i had alot of software running (audip producer) and nothing stopped me, for the moment, i think its the best OS M$ ever released.

either that, or nlite a copy of xp/2000 pro, im sure it would be the same as this Fundamentals thing. i think my copy of 2000 is better. it only uses 30mb of ram when it boots up, rarely goes up above 50 mb when i have a few programs running.