Norton System Works 2005 question

Bethrezen

hi all

i have a copy of Norton system works 2005 and im trying to install norton utilities as a stand alone package like it once was

so i copyed the contents of the norton utilities folder to my desktop and then double clicked on the NU.msi to install norton utilities but the installer is being a pain and keeps telling me it must be inviked through the main setup file and i was wondering if there is a way i can override this and make it install norton utilities on its own unencumberd by all the extra system works intergration

You have to edit it with ORCA. The internal parts of sym systemworks don't have a gui (e.g. nu.msi) so u have to edit it and use it w/switch /qn or /qb

U can't create a transforms, u have to directly edit the msi.

hi

ok so from what I understand having looked at ORCA I need to have 2000 or higher installed to use it is that correct ??

ok so once I have ORCA installed what do I need to then ??

can you provide step by step instructions ??

because never having attempted anything like this I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing

hi

thanks for your replays

I don't know how to use ORCA :( It was a suggestion.

*cue for expert msi editor to come in*

Or read Microsoft's documentation.

I was actually referring to how exactly I need to edit the msi file rather that how to use ORCA though information on both would be useful

cue msi expert

hee