Problem with Quick Edit

Tomcat76

Since today, I am unable to do a Quick Edit. To be precise, the post goes to "edit state" as expected when I click Edit > Quick Edit, and I can edit at will, but when I click the Complete Edit button the box saying "Loading. Please Wait..." won't go away and the post I was editing won't return to its normal view state.

I tried it again twice just now (three and a half hours later) and it's still happening, even if I don't edit anything.

Using Edit > Full Edit works as expected.

I'm using Opera 9.01 build 8552 and its Error Console doesn't report any problems from MSFN that could be related to this.

Edited by Tomcat76

I did some more testing. I have several browsers (and several versions of each) installed and I tried it in two others:

Opera 9.01 weekly build 8542

Mozilla SeaMonkey 1.5a 20060708

It happens there too.

I'm using Opera as my main browser and I obviously used every version/weekly of it released in the past couple of months when visiting MSFN, so it might be a cache issue. But that theory breaks because quick editing a post fails using SeaMonkey 1.5a too.

I've been testing some more and I think I narrowed it down to two possibilities.

I can quick edit my posts in the current thread.

I can quick edit the main post of this thread.

But I can't quick edit the main posts of these two: 1 / 2

What distinguishes the last two from the first two is that they are quite long and that they are sticky posts.

Edited by Tomcat76

Yeah, I realize that now.

The reason I only noticed this the other day is because I haven't edited those two specific posts which contain bullets for nearly a month.

What's strange is that Martin L writes:

IPSBeyond has something with custom BB code which can make this work ok i think.... i will try this when i am back home :)

That suggests that the problem has always been there but that isn't the case -- at least not with the bullets. I've been using them since December last year and have almost always used the Quick Edit feature.