Enabling AUTORUN on CDROMS **SOLVED**

BigDaddy

About half a year ago I created my NLITED XPCD! On which I disabled the AUTORUN feature.

But now I have a costumer that wants AUTORUN enabled.

So how do I enable it so then when I will put in a DVD movie it would lunch POWERDVD or when I insert an AUDIOCD it would lunch WINAMP, or just lunch the AUTORUN.INF located on the CD...

EDIT:

The term "customer" its meant my fathers friend who gave me money to buy him a machine and set him up with windows with all the bells and whisles.

EDIT2:

I put the **solved** in the subject line, which would be nice if other ppl would do the same if there problem is solved.

Edited by BigDaddy

consumer?? I wrote costumer.

EDIT:

I have the following reg tweaks, which I found searching this forum, but autorun still isnt working:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdrom]
"AutoRun"=dword:0000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"allocatecdroms"="0"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=dword:00000091

Edited by BigDaddy

OMG Im hear trying to get an answer to this topic and U ppl start quoting me on a word "customer" which is offtopic BTW.

But apperantly as I must be so punctual nowadays by the term "customer" its meant my fathers friend who gave me money to buy him a machine and set him up with windows with all the bells and whisles.

And now could we please get back the the issue at hand!!! THank U

OMG Im hear trying to get an answer to this topic and U ppl start quoting me on a word "customer" which is offtopic BTW.

But apperantly as I must be so punctual nowadays by the term "customer" its meant my fathers friend who gave me money to buy him a machine and set him up with windows with all the bells and whisles.

And now could we please get back the the issue at hand!!! THank U

I fail to see how this is "personal use". Father's friend or not, he was your customer, and NOT YOU.

Btw, u edited ur post after Camarade put "consummer". I wonder what u changed...

And if it's a customer in a shop, then it's against nlite's license. If it's just a favour for a friend, then he's not exactly a customer is he???

Anyway, just copy AUTORUN.INF from ur original xpcd into the root of the source.

@ANONYMUS

Trying it now, will keep U posted.

@RYANVM

No offence taken, but what else should I write instead of punctual??

@TD

Btw, u edited ur post after Camarade put "consummer". I wonder what u changed...

I added

", or just lunch the AUTORUN.INF located on the CD..."

U can ask CAMARADE to verify.

And if it's a customer in a shop, then it's against nlite's license. If it's just a favour for a friend, then he's not exactly a customer is he???
Did not know I was on trial here. As to what words I must use... And yes if it makes U happy than he's not a costumer... He's only a consumer. And if english was my native language I would probably write consumer instead of costumer, but its is not and I am prone to make mistakes. PERIOD
Anyway, just copy AUTORUN.INF from ur original xpcd into the root of the source.

What do U mean by this???

Edited by BigDaddy

Did not know I was on trial here. As to what words I must use... And yes if it makes U happy than he's not a costumer... He's only a consumer. And if english was my native language I would probably write consumer instead of costumer, but its is not and I am prone to make mistakes. PERIOD
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you said he gave you money to build a machine and get it running. That makes him a customer. Consumer is anyone who buys anything, a customer is someone who buys something from someone. He bought a service from you, which makes him a customer, and as such you violated nLite's license.

I'm only going to HOPE that you bought him a copy of XP as well, otherwise....

and set him up with windows with all the bells and whisles.

You realize that by using nLite to remove anything, you are infact REMOVING the so called bells and whisles? Not everyone is as tech savvy as you appear to be