Old RyanVM Update Packs?

ninjastyle

Hallo. Does anyone know where I can download the previous version of RyanVM's update pack? I can't deal with the 7z format because it sucks. I jus spent several hours preparing XP with nLite 1.0.1 and then I found out I can't integrate the pack like I have been doing for the last few years. I'm not happy. I want the CAB version back. I tried integrating the 7z version into my nLite folder (clean XP Pro) and ended up with a 1.04GB folder. This is too confusing, I hate it, please help.

Edited by ninjastyle

It didn't work, Mike. I tried, but it got to the integration stage (at the end of the nLite session) and just sat there for 10 minutes doing nothing. I pressed "Cancel" and nLite closed, meaning I'd just wasted the last couple of hours. I wouldn't mind but it's almost 4 am, now I have to start over.

thats strange...

maybe make sure you are using a clean source and not a previously compiled one. also make sure that you have the latest nLite program, because there have been a few updates in the last week or so... some of them were "silent" updates that got changed but the release version didn't... so try downloading that again, and see how it goes.

Will do. Many thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of any silent updates.

OK, so let me get this totally straight, I'll be up late now... I can use the 7z version of the update pack exactly as I used to with the .CAB versions? No need to integrate the pack first, then compile nLite'd XP?

No it doesn't really matter, but if you have the wrong version on nLite it does... I believe that there was a glitch in one of the versions where it created temp files inside the target DIR... and didn't remove them on completion... hence causing the 1GB+ DIR...

The updatePacks are different then they used to be as well. Files are compressed on the fly while integrating into the disk... so you will notice a huge difference in the amount of time it will take to integrate. It will take longer. I have thought about creating a small tool to repackage the new updatepack into an old style updatepack that does not have to compress on the fly for those of us that do many integrations for multiboot disks.