Sun Java Runtime Environment

Shark007

indeed, the new firefox builds complains about compatibility with java jre 6.

strange since firefox is a standards-based program. i think a workaround will be out soon.

I also got this issue, when updating to Firefox 2.0.0.1, Firefox complained about JRE6 being disabled for incompatibility, however, I found the Java plugin 100% working anyways, I mean, other than the notice from Firefox saying it was not compatible, I found Java totally working and no other side effect. That is using Sharkès Java package.

i didnt use shark007 installer but the original.

the complain i got was from the autoupdate feature because i had 2.0 installed. with a fresh install of my uadvd, i just installed 2.0.0.1 over 2.0 and all worked well. no complains no nothing. i guess that the autoupdate feature maybe slipstreamed something to firefox to fix that.

shark007 i guess ur Sun Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0 (JRE 6) needs refinement cos i'm having problem with both Firefox 2.0.0.1 and IE7 or maybe it's jus me.Install java15010 and everthing is ok

Edited by Mann

Yep confirmed when running web based java tests it's detected as not installed with firefox 2.0 original (Monzilla 2.0 RVM cab addon) using Shark's JRE6.exe with the md5 checksum B8AC05579C7A20187B55C6F9BF1B88D7. Using someone elses 3_J2SE6.exe (I can't remember where I got it Roguespear or Kelsenell'vn maybe) with an md5 of E5529271012D218D571C76B16643E704) which is 2MB bigger works with Firefox 2.0.

Edited by Tasslehoff

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am having problems to get Sun Java working with a Proxy+Authentification.

When accessing a page with Java content (Sun Java Test page), JRE is trying to connect to the Internet but the Proxy refuses consciously. So no Java is working.

Old MS Java is working fine.

Does anybody know if Sun Java can be configured to work under these circumstances?

Hi,

I tried Sun JRE6; JRE1.5V11; JRE1.5V10 switchless or not. No Version works with Proxy+PW.

Has anyone successfully installed SUN Java on a system with Proxy+Password?

MS Java is working fine but officially not shipped anymore.

BTW all the Versions above are working on another system without Proxy but this does not help me.

(Dell P4-3GHZ,XPSP2...)

• 1 month later...

Updated March 31, 2007

(JRE6) Update 1 file information: 9.05 MB - MD5 = 7414d3876be92301a41090a6ff3bb82f

EDIT: I updated this release 24hrs after the initial posting. Check the MD5 to be sure.

In the initial release I forgot to turn off both the auto update and the tray icon.

(did i mention i was getting old?) sorry to those affected.

Download it from my repository.

shark

Hi,

I tried Sun JRE6; JRE1.5V11; JRE1.5V10 switchless or not. No Version works with Proxy+PW.

Has anyone successfully installed SUN Java on a system with Proxy+Password?

MS Java is working fine but officially not shipped anymore.

BTW all the Versions above are working on another system without Proxy but this does not help me.

(Dell P4-3GHZ,XPSP2...)

In the java network parameters, is "Use browsers parameters" checked ? I have no problem with java and proxy (proxy with AD authentication)