Sun Java Runtime Environment

Shark007

Hotlinking the files will only mean the end of the repository's, and this great resource.
Do you mean a link like the one in my signature does not help!? :huh:

No, i mean other site administrators posting links directly to the files from thier sites.

shark

Sure direct links to files will be not good, but why not to try to contact any one you find do such a thing, I think no need to direct link, just a link like the one in my signature will do the job, but I believe there are many lazy guys/girls around

Shark

In your repository you have a repack Sun Java (JRE6) - version 1.6.0 , but file have a name JRE61.exe, but real program is 6.0. :)

I'm sorry you dont like that filename. At least they are still available.

All filenames on my site currently end in a '1' , i did it to break hotlinks.

having them all offline wouldn't be nice.

shark

good idea to stop the hotlinks cold.

i have a question. does anyone know what the options in the advanced mean?

im referring to the option "Default Java for browser" (my installation is in spanish so i dont know how it looks exactly in english). there are two checkboxes. Mozilla Family and Internet Explorer.

they are unchecked by default. should i check them? i really dont know. thanks.

good idea to stop the hotlinks cold.

i have a question. does anyone know what the options in the advanced mean?

im referring to the option "Default Java for browser" (my installation is in spanish so i dont know how it looks exactly in english). there are two checkboxes. Mozilla Family and Internet Explorer.

they are unchecked by default. should i check them? i really dont know. thanks.

If you want the java plugins installed for these types of web browsers you will need to check the appropriate items. Note that Mozilla family covers many alternate browsers. A few examples are of course FireFox followed by Opera, Thunderbird, Netscape etc.

My release installs both types checked by default. The browsers do not need to be installed. The plugins are installed into the Java directory and through use of registry keys, are made available to the browsers once they are installed.

shark

i fooled around with sharks java, which is great, i wanted it to do a silent install, extracting it to a folder and firing off

msistub.exe java.msi /qn

regedit /s java.reg

if anyone wanted to do it this way,

@ECHO.

@ECHO Installing Java

@ECHO waiting...

start /wait %systemdrive%\$1\Install\Applications\SHARKS\Java\msistub.exe java.msi /qn

Edited by SubD

Firefox 2.0.0.1 out now but JRE 1.6.0 not compatible with it...

Any link for 1.5.10 release ?

how can you tell is not compatible with latest firefox? i just download the new firefox but i havent install it yet.