A little question about NVIDIA drivers

You bring about a good point. I have all my reg hacks applyed be4 my drivers and applicaions, so disabling the Nvidia helper be4, most likely dordnt help much....

Thou im not sure if it would creat the reg entry and replace it once the app is installed. My feeling is that the stock reg entires would over write them.

Ill be checkin this out tonite when i debug my final Unattended CD

|Drew|

Out of curiosity... why would you want to disable that service? What is it useful for? I am constantly looking information on services and try to disable the ones that are useless to me, and I was wondering what that one does. Thanks.

(and what is the registry tweak to disable it?)

Yes, you can disable a service after installing an app/driver that installed the service beforehand.

If you applied your main regtweaks before the nvidia installation, then you can make a seperate registry file just for disabling the Nvidia helper service to run just after the nvidia drivers have been installed.

Yes, you can disable a service after installing an app/driver that installed the service beforehand.

If you applied your main regtweaks before the nvidia installation, then you can make a seperate registry file just for disabling the Nvidia helper service to run just after the nvidia drivers have been installed.

Thats what i was planning to do....simple and easy fix.

|Drew|

If I disable an service I use the windows tool sc to disable the "NVIDIA Helper Service" you can use this in your batch:

sc config NVSvc start= disabled

Bye Laus

Not needed..

put this in the last .bat file:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NVSvc]
"Start"=dword:00000004