Wonder if this little trick works...

AFAIK, anything that is inside the $OEM$/$1 folder gets copied to the root of the XP drive, right? So, I think this might work (I haven't tested it yet so far):

1. In the $OEM$/$1 path, create a folder called "Windows".

2. Inside that folder, create another one called "Resources".

3. Inside that folder, create another one called "Themes".

(If you've done this correctly the path will be "$OEM$/$1/Windows/Resources/Themes".

Place your custom non-graphical (as in not using Luna-like styles) theme(s) in the above path.

Now hopefully this should make XP copy your theme(s) to the right directory without you having to put it/them in a RAR file or whatever and decompressing it/them during installation. I have yet to test this, but I wonder if anyone can tell me whether this works or not? :)

someone correct me if i am wrong, but, isnt the windows directory $OEM$\$$\ and not $OEM\$1\

so it would be $OEM$\$$\Resources\Themes\ not tried it yet, and as i dont modify my themes or use custom ones i have no need to test or have any interest in testing, but i thought i would try and help you start in the right direction

Good Luck with it and let me know if it works as i am sure a lot of other people would be interested

Lee...