Completed XP Setup Screens

yep there are black but you chnage the dll so there are blue and see what happens.

Still me same...!!!!!

The true is the Windows XP Setup Screens i made are not for XP check the DLL its a Windows 2003 i worked this out after people start ask about it Windows 2003 DLL is all ready transpart.

but they still work with windows XP so i am happy :)

I used procdump to view all of the files setup was calling, winnt32u.dll was one of them, it shows how lazy MS is, they left a few whistler bmps and loads of strings in there, eg

"Microsoft Windows 2002 Blade Server Setup"

"Microsoft Windows XP Preinstall Environment"

I've never heard of blade server, but it sounds pretty good :). Winnt32u seems to be a backup of winnt32a, and it contains the setup dialogs (product key entry, language setings etc).

I can't find any text colour strings in either of those files, winntbba seems to be exactly the same as winntbbu :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Just finished this, tell me what you think  :) ...

I could use a host for this pls, both files are in an 852Kb rar file but tripod won't let me upload them :rolleyes:

How did you get the status messages to consist of one line each (instead of two)? Lowering the font size didn't seem to work for me. Also, how come it looks drastically different in general? You've got a nicer looking setup window for instance!

I've made a rather depressing discovery...... it appears you can only get the "one-line status message" effect if you run Setup.exe in the actual Windows - not during the initial install setup. You could've reminded me that those previous shots were all taken from the real Windows Setup!

n.e.o.w.i.n does not have any periods. It's only posted this way because it's a forum site just like this. It's really lame that there is fighting between the two. Each has their own "specialty" Come here if you want to learn how to do unattended CDs, go there if you want to just BS about absolutely nothing. hehe Wonder what will happen when my site goes live, I'm sure they will all block it too.