Completed XP Setup Screens

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I've looked through all these posts and I don't think I've seen anyone who has changed or removed the "Setup will complete in approximately:" string.

It doesn't seem to be listed in winntbbu.dll.

Has anyone found where it is?

btw, this is what I've got so far:

001.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing u're using either res hack or res tuner

so the radio buttons are only image files. the background if pink(it means transparent I think) anyways u should create a transparent bacground image and append & customize the radio buttons with it.

the color info should be under bor3d's

okay here: http://www.MSFN.org/board/index.php?showtopic=8385

I need some help :)

I have made myself a bitmap replacement which I replaced with ResHack. This works fine. The probelm is when I try editing the String values to remove all the text telling me how good XP is supposed to be. The first time I did it, The "Installing Windows" caption disappeared because I had removed the corespnding value by accident. I tried again with a fresh copy of the file, for some reason all the list entries above it dissapeared?

Can someone plz tell me exactly waht strings should be removed successfully to keep the list yet remove the pointless rabble?

@ killerbee

On a previous attempt i had removed the lines but left no spaces. This caused errors reading winntbbu in ResHack itself.

I did as you said, single spaces in place of the text - and sure enough, it works fine.

Good to have a pro on the site :)

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my first, idea from Laus_Sane first cristina.

I thought I was having troubles converting the image, must have tried it about 50 times, and kept getting this.

weird.jpg

Then after a while it occured to me it could just be vmware as image was fine running setup in windows. so then tried virtual pc...

jalba1-pzy.jpg

Which looks a lot better :)

Except for now I realise it is not showing time left? All I think I did was change the "Setup will complete..." to "Unattended Installation will complete..." any ideas?

Still got to change the squares down the bottom right, but haven't decided on what to do there. Also check to see if the square under the writing will line up when installing normaly on a computer (besides using small bootup VPC). At 1600x1200 writing is way off, 1024x768 seems to just fit in so i think it should be ok though.

• 3 weeks later...